Author Topic: Forum E-Mails  (Read 1079 times)

dstone

PRO Supporter

Forum E-Mails
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:46:34 pm »
So it seems that Google has tightened down some things on their e-mail system. I noticed all my VGCollect e-mail notifications were going to the spam folder. I made sure to mark them as "not spam" and made sure the e-mail address was added to my address book. This works for a good number of the e-mails but there are still several that wind up in the spam folder. Google has marked these messages as being "in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines," whatever those are. They link to this FAQ: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en#authentication

Don't know if anyone else is being impacted by this, just thought I'd give a heads-up.

karyann

Re: Forum E-Mails
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:42:49 am »
I did notice the same problem, and I keep getting them in my spam even though I added the address to my contacts... I'm still looking for a way to bypass this  :-\

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:56:59 am »
I've noticed that my recent notifications have a new domain they are coming from but are still masked with the VGCollect domain name. Possible fix on the back end of the mail server? My most recent messages have been delivered to my inbox properly so perhaps this fixed things to Google's liking?

karyann

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 05:01:57 pm »
Matt is aware and working on the issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 01:45:19 pm »
I've noticed Matt's been playing with some settings. So it looks like the messages using the mibrewsupply domain are working fine but the ones from vgcollect don't.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 04:46:51 pm »
I've noticed about half of the e-mails coming from VGCollect are still ending up in the spam folder (specifically, the ones still coming from the vgcollect domain). The other e-mails originating from mibrewsupply come through without issue. Just FYI.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »
So now my PM notifications are going to the spam folder, again being marked as "in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines." Thread notifications and such winding up in spam don't bother me too much but it's a bit problematic if PM notifications aren't coming through.