Author Topic: Can't stay logged into the forums!  (Read 852 times)

Can't stay logged into the forums!
« on: January 14, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »
Hey guys, this is LeJason, I had to make a different account to post this.

So I'm signed in, I click on the link at the top of my collection profile to go to the forums, and when on the forums it says I'm not logged in and so I can't post anything. I click the link at the top to sign in, and it just takes me to my collection page instead of the login screen, in which I am logged in. I click on the link to go to the forum again, and it again says I'm logged out. I go back to the non-forum side of the VGCollect site and again, I'm logged in.

If I log out on my profile then go to the forum and try to log in, I put in the exact same password I use to log into my account on the profile side of it, and it says the password isn't recognised. I'll use the exact same credentials to try and log into my collection profile and I get in fine. Then I'll go to the forums and it'll say I'm not logged in.  And return me to my profile when I click log in. >:(

So in short I can't post on the forums at all because it says I'm not logged in when I am. My profile says I am logged in, the forums say I'm not. Also my password isn't working on the forum for some reason.

Halp!

pacpix

Re: Can't stay logged into the forums!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:29:43 pm »
I was actually having this issue a couple years ago after a major site update. 

First clear your Browser cache and attempt to login.  If that does not work  try going here to login to the forums:
http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?action=login

If that does not work try using an older password for the forum login link (assuming that you changed your password since joining the site).  For some reason there was a period of time where I had to use my old password to login to the forums and my normal password to login to the main site.  If that does not work try the "Forgot my Password" link on that forum login link and reset the password.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:33:05 pm by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »
Nada, neither worked. :( The forum doesn't like my password.

I've had the same password since I first signed up, and that one definitely isn't working. I also tried resetting my password already and it didn't sent me a reset link...

Edit: With the reset that was when resetting by entering my username anyhow. I forget if I tried this on the profile side or the forum side, but when I tried resetting by giving it my email address it said there were no profiles set up with that email address.  :-\ Like I said though when I tried giving it my username instead it accepted it but I didn't get the password reset email.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:40:37 pm by helpmepls »

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 06:25:47 pm »
Did you check your spam folder?  Also have you changed your email address at all that is on file at the website?  When I was having issues and reset my password it went to the spam folder of my old email address that I had previously used for VGCollect.
If it's not there I'm out of ideas. I'll have to pass this one on to Jason or Matt.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 09:08:03 pm »
I'm not sure if it's related, but occasionally I have the issue where when I try to reply to a post, it kicks me out to the forum main page without confirming that the reply went through (it didn't).

No error or anything.

It eventually works again, but sometimes to get through I'll use another browser or dump my cache.

Hopefully one of the higher admins can help you out :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas