Author Topic: Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (Vita)  (Read 707 times)

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (Vita)
« on: January 20, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »
Given that when you purchase this game brand new, you get a physical copy of X, but a voucher for a digital download for X-2, and if one were to sell the physical cart of X, but obviously you can't relinquish ownership of X-2, how should one track that?

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - PlayStation Vita [NA]
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster - PlayStation Network (Vita) [NA]?

In which case if you own a pre-owned copy of the game, would you list it as

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster - PlayStation Vita [NA]?

You can't purchase Final Fantasy X-2 digitally separately from X, it is only available for purchase in a bundle.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (Vita)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:18:24 pm »
I would make a new entry in the database under Vita digital games, an title it something like "Final Fantasy X-2 HD (part of X & X2 HD bundle) "... try something like that.

-Retro ;)

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 02:56:27 am »
This is a tricky one as it's part of a bundle. This happens with things like Amiibos that are sold only in 3-packs and not individually in certain regions.

The site wants to accurately reflect what the user has but we can't have a new item record for every time there's a piece missing from a bundle.

I'd suggesting deferring to an admin and seeing what their thoughts are.  My first suggestion would be to add the bundle to your collection with the note specifying what's in or what's missing in your particular copy of the item.  A little annoying because a quick look at your collection would then suggest you have everything, but that's what we're already dealing with if you have a cart-only copy of a game (while the site shows the cover art).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 08:11:29 am »
This is a tricky one as it's part of a bundle. This happens with things like Amiibos that are sold only in 3-packs and not individually in certain regions.

The site wants to accurately reflect what the user has but we can't have a new item record for every time there's a piece missing from a bundle.

I'd suggesting deferring to an admin and seeing what their thoughts are.  My first suggestion would be to add the bundle to your collection with the note specifying what's in or what's missing in your particular copy of the item.  A little annoying because a quick look at your collection would then suggest you have everything, but that's what we're already dealing with if you have a cart-only copy of a game (while the site shows the cover art).
Well that's why you can check the boxes for cart manual box etc.

I don't know.  X-2 is obtainable digitally by itself, X however is not possible to receive a digital copy without X-2.  My playstation store Media History lists Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster.  No X/X-2.  No bundle.

I don't know.  That's why I posted this.  I don't want to add a new entry for the digital and it be an issue.  But seeing as there is no cart for X-2, and the cart that comes in the X/X-2 actually says X, not X/X-2, it is possible to own a physical copy of X and not own X-2 at all.