Author Topic: Gamestop is publishing physical copies of Insomniac's new game: Song of the Deep  (Read 3643 times)

I fear GS is calling it a physical release but at 14.99 we're just gonna get a case with a dlc certificate in it, not an actual disc.

That's why I'm holding off til' the game actually comes out. I don't want to have flashbacks of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris again.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that would be really shitty... and it is gamestop.

Confirmed.  (I'm kidding of course)

aliensstudios

They didn't really do that did they? If so, that's the shittiest thing I've ever heard of
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

soera

Speculation so far. Im hoping they come through on this. I dont own Osiris cause its a digital code. Id be pretty upset if this turns out the same way. I dont plan to open mine til I find out yes or no. Will return it if its just a code.

devancowan

Is anyone aware if this is up for preorder in canada? or is it only at gamestop.com right now? Ebgames.ca doesnt seem to have it up.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

I'm going to give GameStop the benefit of the doubt that the game will actually be physical. Every article I could find mentioned the physical copy being a GameStop exclusive. While that doesn't really solidify anything, I think it's worth noting. GameStop's business model revolves heavily around physical media, I doubt the first game they publish would be digital only.

turf

PRO Supporter

GameStop's business model revolves heavily around physical media, I doubt the first game they publish would be digital only.

That's a really solid point.  I'm on board with this.

I'm not so interested in the game, but maybe it will grow on me. I'm definitely going to pre-order this though.

I love Insomniac so I want to support them, I love how cheap the game is for a physical copy, I love that GameStop is deciding to publish physical games and I hope they continue and buying it is the best way to make sure they do it again.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

GameStop now has a collector's edition of Song of the Deep for sale that has a steelbook case, book, soundtrack voucher, and stickers. (Yay stickers!) for $29.99 http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/song-of-the-deep-collectors-edition/131720
Plus a bunch of merchandise: a puzzle, playing cards, a watch, POP figure, keychain, etc. Which I think is cool and all, but we haven't even played the game yet. If I really love the game, then maybe I'll buy some playing cards  :P

GameStop now has a collector's edition of Song of the Deep for sale that has a steelbook case, book, soundtrack voucher, and stickers. (Yay stickers!) for $29.99 http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/song-of-the-deep-collectors-edition/131720
Plus a bunch of merchandise: a puzzle, playing cards, a watch, POP figure, keychain, etc. Which I think is cool and all, but we haven't even played the game yet. If I really love the game, then maybe I'll buy some playing cards  :P
Playing cards are my weakness

aliensstudios

Mmm… Steelbook
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

theflea

Ya I upgraded my Pre-Order to the Collector's Edition.  ;D
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Tempted, because I like steelbooks, but it's not a game I'm particularly excited for, mostly just going on how it looks like an underwater Ori and the Blind Forest and that's not enough to get me jumping at investing more money into it lol