Author Topic: Holy freakin shiznit!!!  (Read 3992 times)

pacpix

Re: Holy freakin shiznit!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 11:35:18 pm »
Man that looks freakin' dope!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 08:10:18 am »
Rock on. Congratulations!!

telly

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:41 am »
That looks awesome! Are those all the people that worked on Doom?
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 08:42:50 am »
That looks awesome! Are those all the people that worked on Doom?

I'm not sure if it's the "Doom team" or Bethesda staff or what.  I'm inclined to think it's the Doom team being it's the Doom game and the console is Doom-themed.

Thank you everybody!  It's always cool to win stuff, but when it's gaming stuff it makes it that much sweeter!   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 09:37:38 am »
lmao it came in a division box.... WTF? if you ever go to sell it people are going to be like that's not the right box for it.

also just thought of this. are you going to make a separate listing for that autographed doom?

I also want you to know I tried searching for this on ebay and.... no listings!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:47:13 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:46 am »
Considering that it's a custom design, it makes sense that it has to have another box. I don't think the OP was going to auction these off - he seemed pretty happy to be able to play DOOM and the other xbone games he recently purchased.

Congrats! The prizes look great!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 11:17:24 am »
lmao it came in a division box.... WTF? if you ever go to sell it people are going to be like that's not the right box for it.

also just thought of this. are you going to make a separate listing for that autographed doom?

I also want you to know I tried searching for this on ebay and.... no listings!

My understanding is that Bethesda themselves customized these systems, that's why it's in a standard/bundle/whatever system box.  They are not for sale and there are extremely limited numbers of them, from my understanding less than 50 were produced of both the PS4 and 'bone combined.  Happily, it's a 1 terabyte HDD model.  I'm probably going to sell the Division download code as I really have no desire to ever play that game.

I'm not planning on making a separate listing for the Doom game.  It's pretty special to me and it's cool that it's autographed by a bazillion people who made the game, but I think I will just put a notation in the comments box.

And yes, the first thing I did was search on eBay to see if there were any listings.  Nada.  One may pop up soon-ish since I believe they were just shipped out this week to the winners.  I have printouts and emails saved as well as screenshots of the Twitter contest as proof of what this is exactly. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 11:35:33 am »
Considering that it's a custom design, it makes sense that it has to have another box. I don't think the OP was going to auction these off - he seemed pretty happy to be able to play DOOM and the other xbone games he recently purchased.

Congrats! The prizes look great!

Thank you!  While dollar signs did dance through my mind when I thought of what this would sell for, ultimately I am happy to have it.  While I said I would never buy another Xbox system, I wouldn't turn down a freebie.  Especially since it effectively removes the barrier keeping me from playing Halo and Gears of War.  Oh, and Rare Replay which I've wanted to play forever now.  I've had Doom for the PS4 since a day after release so I probably won't really mess with it on the Xbox One.  But I've been able to pick up over a half-dozen games for an average of about $20 for the system that I know I will enjoy.

Ori and the Blind Forest, Halo the Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 Guardians, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, Gears of War and Ryse.  And I already had Titanfall.  I also bought a $1.50 digital copy of Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood or something like that. 

And I'm good with that.  I may or may not buy Titanfall 2 for the Xbox One.  While I know the PS4 would undoubtedly be quicker to install and I have friends on there, I usually stick to the same console/brand for series.  I'll probably pick up Gears of War 4, especially since it has free downloads of the four previous games thrown in for free.  But the majority of my gaming will still be on the PS4 for sure.