Author Topic: How do you collect?  (Read 2045 times)

tripredacus

Re: How do you collect?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 06:40:10 pm »
Oh yes, I forgot the other questions.  :-X

Digital games: I had once started to add Steam games to my profile but found it to be confusing. Games on Steam are fluid and do not work well for the db here. That is, they get bundled and re-named a lot. So I gave up. I figure, Steam already tracks those automatically.

Warez, backups and abandonware/downloads: no I would not put these in my collection. First is a no brainer. Backups of games I do have many for PC, and only have backups now because I experienced a flood some years ago. I do not add these. Abandonware or download games I do not add either. Only actual physical releases for me, but I won't go and remove the Steam ones I already put in.

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: How do you collect?
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 09:33:54 pm »
How do I collect?  That's a pretty broad question. 
First off, I only count physical games. 

Now, as for my buying.  I used to do in the wild mainly.  I amassed a huge collection by doing that. I tend to brag that 90% of my collection came outside of eBay.   I still look, just not as hard as I used to.  I actually had fun find this weekend.  I still get that little thrill from getting a deal, even if it's a small one. 

I've had to go to eBay more in the last little bit, but I still say less than 10% come from eBay.  I make a lot of my deals through this amazing place or NintendoAge.  It's not near as much fun to just shop for stuff.  I like the human experience.