Author Topic: Game Systems You Wanted But Couldnt Buy  (Read 4459 times)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Re: Game Systems You Wanted But Couldnt Buy
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 04:27:51 am »
I still want an atari 2600  :(
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 05:39:18 am »
I really wanted a Colecovision when I was 14 around 1983 but after spending so much on the Atari 2600 and games for a few years prior, my father wasn't going to spend the money on another console. I was so bummed because I spent a week at a lodge on vacation that summer and they had a CV in the main lodge with Donkey Kong, Cosmic Avenger, Mr. Do, Lady Bug and Zaxxon and loved all of them. So impressed with the arcade like graphics.

Glad I have one now :D

If we're talking about now, the one console I've always kinda wanted but never got my hands on was the Vectrex.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:43:19 am by atarileaf »

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 10:13:53 am »
I always wanted a PC growing up because of all the awesome PC games released during the 90s that many of my friends loved and would talk about all the time. I finally did end up getting on in 99, but for the time it was pretty underpowered and would barely run any game released around the time I got it. I remember trying to play Everquest and my PC was just not having it.

It wouldn't be until about a year ago I finally got the PC of my dreams which can easily run any modern game at top settings. Built it myself too :)

shepard11

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »
When I was younger I always wanted a Sega Saturn or a NEO GEO AES. I use to play the crap out of NEO GEO Machine in our local arcade. Thought it be cool to play those games at home.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 01:49:15 am »
The Nintendo Wii at launch. That thing was hard to get for months... maybe even a full year or so. I was young and my mom said she would get it for me but never did because it was never in stock anywhere, so I just had a copy of Twilight Princess for Wii just sitting on my shelf with no Wii. I'll never forget it. Having a game for a console you don't own? That kind of stuff can ruin a kid.

Badges

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 01:44:10 pm »
I still want an atari 2600  :(

What's stopping you? It one of the cheapest retro systems to get a hold of.