Author Topic: Doh! I know better!  (Read 2297 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Doh! I know better!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »
I don't think I want my collection to get to the point where I don't even know what I have or not. That means I'm not playing what I buy which sort of negates the purpose of the hobby for me. Hopefully you got your money back though.

While I do have quite a backlog everything I have I do intend to play.

The problem is I only recently started buying current gen games.

I know the old school stuff I have because I had to hunt and search for deals/availability.

My current gen rules are simply "when it hits $20".

Xbox One and 3DS has the lions share of my attention right now so my WiiU and PS4 backlog is quite large.

Now that I've finished Bravely Second I just need to finish Alan Wake. Then maybe... Just maybe, I'll give the PS4 my attention.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:44:21 pm by dashv »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 01:33:24 am »
Alan Wake is realy worth your time I recommend finishing that game for sure

spac316

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 11:04:52 pm »
Yeah, I accidently bought another copy of Golgo 13 because it had the book with it and I thought I didn't have the book and I was gonna keep the book and trade off my original cart. But it turns out I did have the book after all(better condition to). Oh well, I'll trade that off then... :-\

FML... :(

aliensstudios

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 11:49:00 am »
I don't think I want my collection to get to the point where I don't even know what I have or not. That means I'm not playing what I buy which sort of negates the purpose of the hobby for me. Hopefully you got your money back though.

While I do have quite a backlog everything I have I do intend to play.

The problem is I only recently started buying current gen games.

I know the old school stuff I have because I had to hunt and search for deals/availability.

My current gen rules are simply "when it hits $20".

Xbox One and 3DS has the lions share of my attention right now so my WiiU and PS4 backlog is quite large.

Now that I've finished Bravely Second I just need to finish Alan Wake. Then maybe... Just maybe, I'll give the PS4 my attention.
I know what you mean. I just bought a mess of PS4 titles because they were all 20 bucks or lower and now I have like 10 games to play. My backlog is overwhelming but I usually pop in each game I get for a little while just to seem f it's something I want to continue playing.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 10:06:26 pm »
This is what I do:

When I acquire a new title, It leave it on my desk instead of take it anywhere near my shelves. Nothing goes near my shelves until its been cataloged. I've been in sync for years using this method.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 12:27:13 am »
i take a picture of everthing then add it when im ready then delete picture after entered in to collection. pretty much the same process though.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 12:22:13 am »
Good suggestions fellas.

For a while I was posting my pickups in the pickups thread but I stopped for a while and around the same time I stopped cataloging.

I'm being better about taking a picture of my pickups and cataloging now.

I almost re-bought Time Crisis 4 for PS3 and it would have been worse condition than the one I already have!

Just like Spac!

I have relearned my lesson! :)

theflea

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 12:47:16 am »
I usually have a good memory to what i have or dont have. Biggest issue i have is when a game comes out on multiple platforms. Ill see a game and think i know ive played it but was it on ps2, xbox or gamecube?
Also i always have to look up sport and kids games. (Like half of wii's library) i just cant remember because i rarely use them. Lol
What sucks is every now and then i'm garage salin and i find a stack of cheap scrap ps2 games and when i try and look up my collection using the vgc app i cant get a signel because they live in a dead zone for my phone. Then i guess and take a chance and get extras of games i normally would never buy extras off.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2016, 01:00:16 pm »
I usually have a good memory to what i have or dont have. Biggest issue i have is when a game comes out on multiple platforms. Ill see a game and think i know ive played it but was it on ps2, xbox or gamecube?
Also i always have to look up sport and kids games. (Like half of wii's library) i just cant remember because i rarely use them. Lol
What sucks is every now and then i'm garage salin and i find a stack of cheap scrap ps2 games and when i try and look up my collection using the vgc app i cant get a signel because they live in a dead zone for my phone. Then i guess and take a chance and get extras of games i normally would never buy extras off.

You mean those 5 copies if Britney's Dance Beat weren't on purpose? ;)