Author Topic: Nintendo NX Will Be a Gimmick System  (Read 3703 times)

Re: Nintendo NX Will Be a Gimmick System
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2016, 04:31:54 am »
It would be a good starting point for Nintendo to use cartridges (or memory cards if you like) as a primary storage medium again, which are collectible. I don't want these cheap CD's and downloads anymore.

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2016, 04:35:07 am »
It would be a good starting point for Nintendo to use cartridges (or memory cards if you like) as a primary storage medium again, which are collectible. I don't want these cheap CD's and downloads anymore.

The signs seem to be pointing to that, which would be nice to have carts again, even if they are tiny little things.

necrosexual

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2016, 07:38:22 am »
did not read whole thread so bear with me

but i'm p wary about nx in general. but nintendo is kind of awful at communication and has been for ages. esp now that they shut down club nintendo, which was a good way to reach out... well maybe not good, who knows, but it was a method.
also a lot of people are saying a hybrid console, so handheld and home console in one. that is unique. i don't see that as a gimmick. it sure is unique, tho, and that's the most persistent rumour in the mill. it's been the most persistent

i don't see nintendo directs as good communication, either. they're scheduled, rigidly so, and they come like once a month at best. they tell you what is gonna be on it a month ahead. there are no quick bulletins and their twitter is an advertisement churner, rather than a good communication line with important updates. now, i expect that to some degree, but i also expect to see status updates occasionally for when the network is down or scheduled maintenance or a quicklist of update notes or other things like that, i don't know, it just doesn't seem like a line of communication whatsoever. there are no replies that i can see... if there are, you have to scroll down A LOT. and maybe they have a cust support twitter, but really, that should be the main NoA twitter... right? that seems like the obvious go-to, and a specific customer support twitter is basically hidden in plain sight.

basically, nintendo is better at DMCA takedowns than they are at direct communication, and it's kind of sad. i hear their phone-in customer service is fantastic tho. idk, i don't use phone service, but that's what i hear.

anyway, i don't have a lot of faith in current day nintendo. it's a shame, because i like their games (...when they're not butchered with censorship... or franchise names slapped on games unnecessarily...) but the company needs a very serious restructuring and needs to get up to the modern day. not for me, because i'm not that kind of person necessarily, but a good rule of business these days include social media staff and whatnot. it's a bit silly to me (old soul or jaded, you take your pick) but not to a lot of people, clearly. nintendo just keeps on trucking along with these weird archaic decisions.

so i worry, to some degree. 'some degree'. i won't cry the day they decide to go third party if it comes. i won't cry the day they restructure if they do

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.