Author Topic: Resident Evil 7 Gameplay Trailer  (Read 1035 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Resident Evil 7 Gameplay Trailer
« on: August 21, 2016, 01:01:30 pm »
Looks creepy, like a RE game should be. But I don't see any zombies or any other familiar RE creatures here. It looks like they might be going in a new direction:

Re: Resident Evil 7 Gameplay Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »
From what I understood, these types of sections are not the whole game, since there will be combat and such, but we'll probably get the proper reveal at TGS next month.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 01:13:49 am »
Really reminds me of PT Silent Hills and Evil Within. I hope they do something with zombies and the lore of the original games.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:53:51 pm »
Never played a Resi game before but this has my attention.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 07:36:39 pm »

I'd recommend Resident Evil 4.  Absolute favorite of mine.  I can't really stand to play anything before it.  It's out on like at least 5 or 6 platforms since the Gamecube release.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:45:09 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 09:41:03 am »

I'd recommend Resident Evil 4.  Absolute favorite of mine.  I can't really stand to play anything before it.  It's out on like at least 5 or 6 platforms since the Gamecube release.

I may be the only person, but I thought RE4 was terribly overrated. It was a great game, don't get me wrong, but I sort of blame it for the decline the franchise has been in for quite some time. I feel like as a game it favored action and explosions over survival horror which made the first 3 and Code Veronica so amazing. Yeah, the controls aren't as good in the old ones, but I feel like they added to the feeling of tension that I didn't feel as much in RE4, and certainly not in any of the later games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 10:36:24 am »

I may be the only person, but I thought RE4 was terribly overrated. It was a great game, don't get me wrong, but I sort of blame it for the decline the franchise has been in for quite some time. I feel like as a game it favored action and explosions over survival horror which made the first 3 and Code Veronica so amazing. Yeah, the controls aren't as good in the old ones, but I feel like they added to the feeling of tension that I didn't feel as much in RE4, and certainly not in any of the later games.

I agree for the most part. But man, when you first started RE4, you definetly got that feeling of panic. When the villagers start to swarm you, that's intense. And then your first reaction, as a RE veteran, is to run to a door and get behind it. But then the villagers start busting through the door and coming through the windows! That was definitely a "HOLY SHIT!" moment.

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 05:05:05 pm »

The problem with what came after RE4 was that Capcom didn't really realize what made that game good, as it did a lot of things far better than the games before I think.  Rather than focus on a deeper game based around the new style, they for some reason thought the series needed co-op and that people wanted nothing but big action over survival horror, which bit them in the ass with RE6.  Thankfully they are taking a drastic turn with RE7 and that we should be getting a singleplayer survival horror game again.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 05:50:09 pm »

I am considering getting the PS4 version at some point. I'm just a bit worried it won't live up to the enormous praise surrounding it for me.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 05:57:21 pm »
I am considering getting the PS4 version at some point. I'm just a bit worried it won't live up to the enormous praise surrounding it for me.

Just go in expecting something enjoyable.  I never try to hype up things too much, because hype is very subjective.  It's not the second coming of Christ or anything, I think it's just a solid game experience.  I need to replay it on PC sometime as I really miss things like it's inventory system lol

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 05:59:40 pm »
Just go in expecting something enjoyable.  I never try to hype up things too much, because hype is very subjective.  It's not the second coming of Christ or anything, I think it's just a solid game experience.  I need to replay it on PC sometime as I really miss things like it's inventory system lol

Pretty solid advice   ;)