Author Topic: Did you have a nice Halloween & did you go trick or treating or anywhere  (Read 1264 times)

lordscott

To change the subject did you have a nice Halloween & did you go trick or treating or anywhere for Halloween this year?

as for me i stayed in and yep during Halloween i finished watching my complete collection of Vampire Knight that I've bought from Walmart sometime ago that have both Vampire Knight & Vampire Knight Guilty and before any of you ask me nope we didn't get any trick or treaters.

Now it's your turn to share your side did you have a nice Halloween & did you go trick or treating or anywhere for this Halloween?

Have fun sharing and enjoy  :).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Did you have a nice Halloween & did you go trick or treating or anywhere
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 02:46:28 pm »
I took my daughter Trick-or-Treating for the first time. She's almost 2 years old. She went as a ladybug, and had a blast.

We didn't get all that much candy, though. It's sad, but the traditional Halloween is dying. Barely anyone was giving out candy. I live in a full-on neighborhood, too.

Oh well, at least she had fun.

telly

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 03:01:37 pm »
I had school and a big presentation on the first of November, so my actual Halloween was spent doing homework. There were some parties over the weekend too but I was working all weekend. So I was pretty much a loser this Halloween lol. At least some of my fellow RNs brought some candy so I didn't miss out on that!

Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

realpoketendonl

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 07:56:41 pm »
Here in the Netherlands we don't officially celebrate Halloween. For the kids, we have Sint Maarten on november 11th, where children go from door to door with home-made lanterns and sing songs in exchange for candy.
However, while we don't celebrate Halloween here, it is certainly becoming more and more popular here, and now there are tons of ghost walks around Halloween. I didn't walk any of them, but I did help out with one (and going to help out with another one). It's really fun to be honest, just hanging around near your stop with your friends until people show up, and then get into position and scare the living hell out of them. Some of the reactions were priceless!  ;D
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 10:19:36 pm »
Here in the Netherlands we don't officially celebrate Halloween. For the kids, we have Sint Maarten on november 11th, where children go from door to door with home-made lanterns and sing songs in exchange for candy.
However, while we don't celebrate Halloween here, it is certainly becoming more and more popular here, and now there are tons of ghost walks around Halloween. I didn't walk any of them, but I did help out with one (and going to help out with another one). It's really fun to be honest, just hanging around near your stop with your friends until people show up, and then get into position and scare the living hell out of them. Some of the reactions were priceless!  ;D
Interesting. Sint Maarten sounds like something I would've have enjoyed as a child even though I'm a terrible singer.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

indenton

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 12:58:17 am »
I find that TV networks and supermarkets are still embracing Halloween in the UK, but we had a bowl of sweets ready by the door... and I'm gradually eating them myself.  We had a whole 1 group come to our door (their were about 5-6 kids, they were with there parents and appeared to be very young).  It's definitely grown unpopular in the traditional sense of trick-or-treating around our district. 

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 04:52:34 am »
Monday is just a bad day for Halloween in general, especially with how parents ferry their kids in cars to certain neighborhoods, so most of the streets that aren't in a major artery get almost no business. Most people probably had a long week of school/ work ahead of them too.

I remember last year wasn't that busy either, and that was on a weekend, so my guess is that less people are participating as most of the activity is clustered on the block with the most decorated houses.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 06:49:19 am »
Sadly no trick-or-treater came to visit my flat (although it is rather out of the way), but there was a visitor at our mum's/mum's partners place.

I used to love trick or treating when I was a lot younger and one year I actually wore a physical pumpkin on my head. It sure felt heavy, ha ha.
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿

kashell

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 09:11:04 am »
We were on vacation, so we didn't hand out candy or anything.

While we were meandering around a mall, we saw that each store was giving out candy to kids dressed in costume. It's kind of sad that the days of going to door to door are gone; now you need to be within the safety of a giant mall to enjoy Halloween.

Of course, the fact that it happened on a Monday didn't help.

doafan

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 03:58:49 pm »
I had to work but my daughter is always first so that's why I took a lunch time of four hours an a half just to be with my little girl, she was dressed as a cat even when already purchased an Anna costume you know Elsa's little sister, we did have a nice Halloween and even when Mondays is the worst day of the week we collected enough candy for a month, am helping her with a couple of them when she is not watching me cause she gets mad every time that I came near to the bag  ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:00:37 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 11:09:55 pm »
 My mom and brother had a huge blowout on Halloween. Horrible words were exchanged and they basically disowned each other. It was one of the worst verbal fights I have ever seen. It was pretty bad and the remainder of the night I just drank sprite and got fat on cheap candy with pretty much dead silence after the aftermath of what had happened. Pretty depressing series of events.

With that said my Halloween was the 28th. I went to Salem,MA and had one of the best days of my entire life :D   It's truly the best place you could be on Halloween week. It's my 3rd time going during late October. If anyone has spare time and wants to check it out next Halloween its one of the greatest times you will ever have.  Street performers, costumes, face painting, stores, exclusive spooky stuff, the city of witch trials and demonry and even a retro video game store and some cool collectible stores that sell vintage toys. The best Pizza in the world imo.   It's truly a blast :D.