Author Topic: If i hang out out with fellow gamers like myself how to properly compliment them  (Read 960 times)

lordscott

Before you say oh I'm insecure please stop because A I'm not insecure & B i admit I'm just a bit nervous of hanging out with them especially when & if they have much bigger collection then mine if any of you wants to compare my collection to them and yes if he or she have any of my favorite games i mean do i just say awesome or what.

Sorry if i sound like I'm nervous of hanging out with fellow gamers like myself i admit I'm a bit nervous of hanging out with them i mean if i saw their entire collection do i just say awesome or what do i say to properly compliment them for guys in none-homo way since I'm a straight guy but if you wish to include side tips about complimenting girl gamers & gamer women if i ever do hang out with her then that's fine with me if you want to.

So to the question If i hang out out with fellow gamers like myself how to properly compliment them & how to properly compliment them on their collection?

Thanks for reading,thanks for your tips,thanks for your time & thanks for your understanding :).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:34:14 pm by lordscott »

soera

Dont feel embarrassed to be around any other gamer cause your collection is better/less than theirs or anything else. The one thing I can say about gamers is that no two are alike. And if you want to compliment another gamer on his/her stuff, be sincere. "Hell yeah Soera, you are a god among ants." is what I hear a lot. And I know its sincere cause its true!!!! :D But seriously, just be natural. If you are fake, it would show.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I get nervous hanging around with most people, gamer or not. I'm kind of anti-social. Not to the point that I can't function if I'm at an event or something. But I would rather not be there, most of the time. It's just that home is my favorite place, with my favorite people, and all my own cool stuff. Why would I not want to be there?

Warmsignal

I get nervous hanging around with most people, gamer or not. I'm kind of anti-social. Not to the point that I can't function if I'm at an event or something. But I would rather not be there, most of the time. It's just that home is my favorite place, with my favorite people, and all my own cool stuff. Why would I not want to be there?

My dilemma is when I'm home, I want to go out. When I'm out, I want to go home. I don't have the stamina to stay out for long periods of time anymore. Plus, sort of like you say I'm much more of an introvert - I do better by myself, and being with others takes a lot of energy out of me. I have to be alone so that I can recharge.

I would imagine if you're passionate about gaming and encounter another gamer, there would already be a built-in level of friendship. If you see something you like, just tell 'em how awesome it is. I don't think anyone would try to derisively compare each others' collections.

I'm so used to having such obscure nerdy interests that I'm always slightly shocked by someone else who shares them.

shepard11

I use to do a lot of my hobbies solo but in the last year I found a group of local gamers that share similar interests and taste. And every time we compare collections, I just got to tell myself it aint a contest. So I get to see a lot of cool things I own and I don't own.

theflea

I am one of the largest game collector's on this site and i meet collector's and tell them "i'd love to see their collection sometime" and they act all embarised saying their collection is crap compaired to mine. I personally love to see peoples collections no matter how big or small. You will not offend a large collector showing them your small one. Lol

How to act seeing someone elses collection?
Be honest. If it amazes you show it. If its small look through his collection and point out the good games he has.
Talk about what you both love. Trust me I learn new things from all gamers big and small.

When people see my collection its like watching them turn into a big kid, they run around asking about everything and it puts a smile on my face knowing it has that effect. They will ask if I have a game and 90% of the time its yes and i'm happy to put it in and let them play it.

In the end be proud of what you have, enjoy other peoples collections and learn from each other. Big or small you share the love of video games. Talk and share your experiences about collecting, hunting and playing video games.
"Happy game hunting!!!"