Author Topic: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Official Announcement  (Read 5277 times)

telly

Re: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Official Announcement
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 02:12:54 pm »
This is definitely my opinion so nobody get too offended.

Judging from what I've seen of Sun and Moon, everything from the game design, to the Aloha forms, to the new Pokemon, this will be the first new Pokemon generation I literally have 0-interest in. It looks beyond stupid, sorry.

Admittedly, this is the least excited I've ever been for a new main series Pokemon game. I had similar feelings with X/Y though, so I'm hoping some of the designs grow on me over time.

I've kind of felt the same way, I've never liked the 3D models, and I despise mega evolutions. But I figured I should at least give one of the 3DS Pokemon games a fair shot, since I've never really played one.

Also I finished the demo in about 20 mins. It was honestly pretty bad in my opinion.  :(
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 02:19:08 pm »

Judging from what I've seen of Sun and Moon, everything from the game design, to the Aloha forms, to the new Pokemon, this will be the first new Pokemon generation I literally have 0-interest in. It looks beyond stupid, sorry.

Admittedly, this is the least excited I've ever been for a new main series Pokemon game. I had similar feelings with X/Y though, so I'm hoping some of the designs grow on me over time.

I've kind of felt the same way, I've never liked the 3D models, and I despise mega evolutions. But I figured I should at least give one of the 3DS Pokemon games a fair shot, since I've never really played one.

Also I finished the demo in about 20 mins. It was honestly pretty bad in my opinion.  :(

The whole Z-moves thing seems like they just shoehorned in another feature for the sake of something new. Or they could just be implementing it so they could sale that "Z-move bracelet" toy that works with the game. *shrugs*

telly

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 02:45:31 pm »
I'm probably still going to buy the game in November, and I'm still excited even though the demo was kind of lackluster :) I haven't played a Pokemon game when it was new since White Version, so I'm pumped to get back into it.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 05:02:40 pm »
I buy Pokemon games for the Pokemon you can catch, and out of all the new Pokemon that have been announced/leaked, there are maybe 5 I would say look cool. Some are Okay, while the rest look terrible. It's as if the designers spent a one day in a room and said, "okay, let's come up with 50 new Pokemon...and, Go!" They didn't bother to not include any or revise what they came up with, they just went with the first 50 or so ideas they came up with and threw them into the game. And don't even get me started on their being ANOTHER Fire/Fighting Starter Final Evolution. It's getting really old.

davifus

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 04:50:33 pm »

Competitive Pokemon went to shit the moment Mega Pokemon's were introduced. 4th gen [D/P/PT/HG/SS] & 5th gen [B/W/B2/W2] was the pinnacle of competitive Pokemon in my opinion.

Honestly they were added to sort of keep Pokemon fresh even for a little.

All these new content isn't keeping the game full of refreshing content but creating a power creep.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

realpoketendonl

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2016, 10:08:52 pm »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2016, 10:18:27 pm »
lol I decided against grabbing the game, because I was hoping for a Switch version or at the very least, a digital version of the 3DS copy on the Switch, and the rumors are lending itself to a "Yellow" style version of the game for the Switch currently said to be called "STARS".  Of course with improvements to benefit the better hardware and maybe some exclusive content.  I'd love if they call it Eclipse instead lol Hopefully this turns out to be true.  It's making the Switch better for me all the time.