Author Topic: HTTPS/SSL  (Read 1349 times)

medoix

HTTPS/SSL
« on: August 09, 2016, 06:44:19 am »
I know the site does not contain super sensitive information but protecting peoples passwords and personal information should be considered a strong reason to use HTTPS connections on all the sites and services.

Happy to help out if help is appreciated.

indenton

Re: HTTPS/SSL
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:38:41 pm »
I know the site does not contain super sensitive information but protecting peoples passwords and personal information should be considered a strong reason to use HTTPS connections on all the sites and services.

Welcome aboard! That may be worth considering, you'll have to get word from one of the site admins or web developers as to where about that lies on the spectrum of possibility. 

jason

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 09:43:03 pm »

Welcome to VGCollect!

Thanks for pointing this out. We're definitely looking into this at the moment and hoping we can implement this very soon.

- Jason
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:44:40 pm by jason »

medoix

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 03:50:10 am »
Thanks for the welcome! It not only helps with security but Google are also ranking sites with SSL higher in search results so SEO is good too.

Like i said happy to help if you would like.

jason

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 12:03:18 am »
Thanks for the welcome! It not only helps with security but Google are also ranking sites with SSL higher in search results so SEO is good too.

Like i said happy to help if you would like.

Thanks again! We have now rolled this out. :-)

medoix

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 04:17:25 pm »
Great news. thanks for the follow up :)