Author Topic: Where do you see Nintendo in 3 years?  (Read 1024 times)

Where do you see Nintendo in 3 years?
« on: April 13, 2017, 07:04:04 pm »
*Church organ plays*  After all the ups and downs we have seen with Nintendo and all the fond memories and the struggling up hill fight against the juggernauts of the gaming industry they have been in for the past few years and now they have announced the end of the NES mini before it was even truly here. Before many of us ever got to experience it or enjoy it.  It might be one of the most strategic mess ups i have ever seen in gaming. and it in a eerie way sounds like the type of decision gamers look back on with a company like Sega or Atari and think "Wow, that's what ruined them"  And this could be Nintendo's big awful decision that could sink them. They completely missed all the potential of that console and all the ones to follow  A SNES mini, a N64 mini, A HD back lit OG gameboy.   The retro market alone would make Nintendo so much profit.  Then with the switch on top of that.  It could have been a flash blaze and now they only have a camp fire.  A console with all the potential in the world to make them the prosperous brand we all know and love again. :(.  A console that sold more in 30 days than the Wii U sold in 6 months.   Has Nintendo given up?  Or is it just that their sales rep or CEO is on Acid?  Why would they ever take this away.  I always thought they were taking long to stock shelves because they were making one huge wave to flood the market with.  Especially after all the demand.  Why would they ever do something so crazy.  Is the end near?  Why do store shelves never seem to have switches?  Why can't they make them as fast as sony makes PS4?  Why do they toy with us?  Where is the supply to meet the demand.   Are they going to die or do you see a optimistic future for us all :)    I really hope something big is coming.  I am so sad today.    :'(.   Mostly because i will never get to own a NES mini now.   I find the decision scary and sad.    I think this is the funeral.   We must all pay our respects.

I blame that damn sneaky blue hedgehog who has been releasing so many awful games that he killed the entire Nintendo franchise.   Sonic Lost worlds?  Awful....  Sonic Boom?   Awful.....  Sonic All Stars racing transformed?   Good but only because Banjo was there,  Banjo can't be in a game that's bad.  Sonic and the secret rings?  bad.     It was him the whole time.  And why does he keep inviting Mario to the damn olympics?  Why don't Mario tell him he has Flu?  Sonic is the enemy.

No....  im sorry sonic.   I am just getting carried away out of anger.   I don't know who to blame so i chose sonic but i really should blame myself. 

I still have one little grain of hope left :).   It might not be much,  but it's something.   That little Nintendo fire in my soul has one log of oak on it.  I see the switch sales and the launch success.  they can still pull it off even if Mini would have made it much better they still have alot of potential in Amiibos and a new handheld.   A 4DS?   Nintendo VR?  All Nintendo has to do is throw the whole jug of gasoline.   2D metroid, Mario Sunshine HD,  Smash Switch,  Klonoa 3. Punchout Switch,  Kirby Dreamland 4.  The fire can always burst.   We must never doubt  :D.

What is your prediction as to why they discontinued Mini and why switch production has been so slow in comparison to Wii U? :)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:37:16 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: R.I.P Nintendo? Where do you see Nintendo in 3 years? (Funeral)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 07:19:16 pm »
Well, The Switch seems to be off to a good start. If they can keep up the momentum, I don't see them leaving the hardware market anytime soon.

Re: R.I.P Nintendo? Where do you see Nintendo in 3 years? (Funeral)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:22:54 pm »
Thriving? Nintendo in 3 years will likely be in a great place if they can keep up pace.  The mini clearly had issues or misguidedly was meant to be a limited release item, but didn't tell people, that they then decided to squeeze out a few extra systems for.  The Switch stock has had more restocks already and clearly was due more to sheer demand taking up everything they had, but also meeting their marks for what they wanted to sell.  They've already said they are ramping up production big time and that there was something said like they planned to sell some massive number by the end of next year.  Like 17 million or something, I forget exactly what it was.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:27:34 pm by kamikazekeeg »

spac316

Re: Where do you see Nintendo in 3 years?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 08:09:50 pm »
They seem fine right now. No need to jump on the "Nintendo is doomed" bandwagon that everyone else has fabricated.
I understand they have made some bad and irrational decisions in the past. But they made good ones to.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:07 pm »
They will still be releasing consoles and games, that's for sure. I'm guessing that the Switch will still be their main platform and if early sales and hype are any indication it will be very successful. I've been saying this for years, even during the darkest days of the Wii U; Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine from their various IPs and console successes. They could release three or four flopped consoles in a row before there were any serious worries about the company's survival or going third part. They'll be doing fine in 3 -years, no matter what.

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:09:28 pm »
I guess it will be the same as it has been in the last 20 years. A niche company with (excluding a few exceptions) very poor 3rd party support, but (for some reason) still loved by its fans (even though this love doesn't seem to be mutual) and hated/ignored/ridicularized by some people (like me).

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 10:54:45 pm »
I liked Jeremy's Facebook comment, which was essentially:

"Hi, my name's Nintendo, and I hate making money."

But hey! They're coming out with new amiibos!... yay?

(Edit: Not that I have anything against amiibos (gimme dat Bayonetta), but like... people would literally be handing cash to them if they'd just do some stuff right for once when it comes to stocking official merchandise.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:40:38 pm by fauxshot »

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 12:25:28 pm »
Where do you see Nintendo in 3 years?

Japan

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 03:00:47 pm »
I hope that they have fixed any hardware issues with the Switch in three years and have a way for any VC games purchased to be able to be lumped together on the Switch and/or 3DS and tied to your account; I don't know if the latter had happened or not. I stopped buying digital until I know for sure.