Author Topic: Item entry shows black images no matter what  (Read 1375 times)

Re: Item entry shows black images no matter what
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 12:08:26 pm »
I know, in this program (Fireworks) save-as wouldn't ever help as it only "Saves" as Fireworks Vector PNG anyways. I have a custom image profile set up for creating JPG images for use on VGC that is used for Exports.
Welll.... fireworks is obsolete.

I used GIMP, because it's what I have on my work computer.

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 10:00:51 am »
Big talk on a site dedicated to inventory people's collection of obsolete software.  :o

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 10:19:17 am »
Big talk on a site dedicated to inventory people's collection of obsolete software.  :o
Hahahaha.  Nice.

tripredacus

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 11:21:59 am »
Besides, it isn't obsolete in the least bit. It is just a sad testament to the fact that we are still just using old image formats and still haven't come up with anything different. Some have been tried, such as what started (I believe) with SVG, which is the data format. And we still do not have a good replacement for animated gifs, just websites like Imgur pretending that movie files are gifs. So Fireworks is still relevant in today's world, if only because we haven't made any new image formats since it was last released, which ironically is CS6 and is a current Adobe product. As a 17+ year Fireworks user, I can tell you that Adobe barely made any changes to the product since they acquired it with Macromedia.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:18 am »
Besides, it isn't obsolete in the least bit. It is just a sad testament to the fact that we are still just using old image formats and still haven't come up with anything different. Some have been tried, such as what started (I believe) with SVG, which is the data format. And we still do not have a good replacement for animated gifs, just websites like Imgur pretending that movie files are gifs. So Fireworks is still relevant in today's world, if only because we haven't made any new image formats since it was last released, which ironically is CS6 and is a current Adobe product. As a 17+ year Fireworks user, I can tell you that Adobe barely made any changes to the product since they acquired it with Macromedia.
I don't think Adobe has made many changes to anything since they acquired Macromedia.