Author Topic: E3 2018: Square-Enix  (Read 1211 times)

E3 2018: Square-Enix
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:49:41 am »
Third day of shows starts off with Square-Enix.  A lot of their stuff is already known I feel, like we'll expect more Kingdom Hearts 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, probably Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, Just Cause 4, Octopath Traveler, maybe Dissidia DLC, and a good chance of seeing something on Final Fantasy 7 Remake.  Not sure what surprises there could be, maybe talking about their big Switch push, perhaps another classic getting a remake/remaster (Even though their track history isn't super great).

The Square-Enix show starts at 1PM Eastern on Monday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not gonna include stuff of the games we already knew about.

-New content update for Final Fantasy XIV, along with a Monster Hunter World Crossover.
-Dragon Quest XI September 4th.  Brave Exvius crossover with Dragon Quest.
-Babylon's Fall announced, a brand new game from Platinum Games.  Fantasy setting, PS4/PC, 2019 release.
-The Quiet Man.  Some sort of modern action game.  More info to be revealed in August.
-New scenes and Ratatouille stuff shown off in Kingdom Hearts 3.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:35:22 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: E3 2018: Square-Enix
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:12:36 pm »
Tombraider stuff...
FFXIV stuff
Fight a Rathalos this Summer in FFXIV.  Guaranteed we are getting a Final Fantasy crossover in Monster Hunter World now.
Stuff for Amazing Adventures of Captain Spirit.  I had missed that it was set in the Life is Strange universe.
Dragon Quest XI September 4th.
Brave Exvius crossover with Dragon Quest.
Babylon's Fall by Platinum.  PS4/Steam. 2019. This could be dope.
Just Cause 4 stuff.
The Quiet Man.  Some sort of action game.  More info in August.
Something with Ratatouille in Kingdom Hearts 3 and a few more extra scenes.

Wow, that was a real short show and the only new stuff was two teases for games we know very little about.  A well done presentation.  Square must be saving anything else for Sony.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:32:32 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:36:06 pm »
Square Enix's E3 2018 Showcase: D+

There were a few cool reveals and Babelon Falls has me interested, but overall this was a very underwhelming and very short showcase that really didn't need to happen. It would have been just as good for them to use Sony or Nintendo's stage to show off a lot of these games, which many of them were already shown off at Microsoft's press conference yesterday. They also showed a lot of the same trailers and footage, which really surprised me for Kingdom Hearts III considering it is probably their most anticipated and hyped game right now, and it comes out in almost 6-months.

Overall it wasn't great or good by any means, but it wasn't terrible either, just extremely meh.

EDIT: I downgraded this conference to a D+. I just rewatched some of it and it due to how incredibly unecessary it was I cannot bring myself to give it a passing grade, but it wasn't so bad I can give it anything lower than a D+. Not a good conference at all and I'm really hoping for something special from Sony tonight and/or Nintendo tomorrow. Sadly, I don't expect much from Ubisoft this afternoon, but more on the annual Assassin's Creed game, maybe a new Farcry, and maybe one other lackluster reveal. Sadly Ubisoft is becoming almost as bad as EA, although I will have to give it to them for last year which was actually a decent presentation.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:13:59 pm by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 01:44:15 pm »
Square Enix's E3 2018 Showcase: C-

There were a few cool reveals and Babelon Falls has me interested, but overall this was a very underwhelming and very short showcase that really didn't need to happen. It would have been just as good for them to use Sony or Nintendo's stage to show off a lot of these games, which many of them were already shown off at Microsoft's press conference yesterday. They also showed a lot of the same trailers and footage, which really surprised me for Kingdom Hearts III considering it is probably their most anticipated and hyped game right now, and it comes out in almost 6-months.

Overall it wasn't great or good by any means, but it wasn't terrible either, just extremely meh.

It seemed mostly pointless to have.  They showed off most of it already beforehand and they could've easily put the rest of the information into the Sony and Nintendo showcases.  I was expecting to see something on the Avengers game at the very least, which is why I'm still holding out hope for the Sony show to have it.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 01:57:32 pm »
Wow, Square Enix delivers the weakest E3 press conference we've seen in at least a decade.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 01:58:04 pm »
This was almost as bad as EA.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »
downgraded my score of this conference; yeah it was pretty much a stinker with a few redeemable qualities.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:24 pm »

kypherion

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 03:15:54 pm »
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 03:19:55 pm »

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 03:41:05 pm »

kashell

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 03:46:51 pm »