Author Topic: Decent Price for Earthbound?  (Read 1278 times)

scott

Decent Price for Earthbound?
« on: April 04, 2012, 03:12:19 pm »
I've always wanted it, never played it and am wondering what a decent price range is on it? I'm not going to buy it anytime soon but when the time comes, I'd like to make sure I don't over pay. Keep in mind, I'm talking cart only. Complete is waaaaay out of my league.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

Re: Decent Price for Earthbound?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:15:55 pm »
Hard to say, I bought my copy new back in the day before it was rare.  I would recommend that you try and get the guide as well.  Granted, you can get any info you need online, but playing without a guide is going to be difficult.  There is a reason it came packed with the game.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

darko

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 04:40:34 pm »
I wouldn't pay more than $120 for the game with the guide. I find the cart from time to time out in the wild for $60-$70.

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:15:12 pm »
I own the game. Complete. Saying that, this is one of those games that I think the price is completely ridiculous on.

There were an estimated 150,000 copies of this game made. It's not rare, when compared to a lot of other SNES games. Uniracers had less than 300,000 copies WORLDWIDE, and it sells for like $10.

I can understand complete copies being rarer than other games, as the box was huge and if you weren't a big fan, there was no reason to keep it around.

That being said, it's my understanding that anything under $100 is a decent deal these days. Also, Earthbound is my favorite single game of all time (my old avatar was a starman from the game), so please play and enjoy, even if it requires an emulator.

I attached my Earthbound/Mother collection, for gloating purposes. (Yes, I'm missing Mother 3. I'm someday going to drop the $400-500 for the Mother 3 gba. No reason to buy it twice  :P)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 05:51:10 pm »
I wouldn't pay more than $120 for the game with the guide. I find the cart from time to time out in the wild for $60-$70.

If you find one let me know!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:41:16 pm »
Yeah I think like $80 at the most for cart only, I do reccomend the guide as well simply just how awesome it is.
But to be completely honest, I love Earthbound but dont think it's the "greatest RPG ever." I mean it's a great quirky game but I think you'll have just as much fun with other cheaper RPG's.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:17:40 am by kingrat101 »

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:06:26 pm »
I want this game but I could not justify spending that much.