Author Topic: Import CSV Lists - Not working  (Read 2673 times)

Import CSV Lists - Not working
« on: September 01, 2017, 10:10:31 am »
Hi guys,

New here. For some time now, I've collected using My Game Collection. I decided to join VGCollect, but I'm unable to import my list. Using the standard export from My Game Collection, I click import and it just refresh and nothing is added. I thought it was due to it having too much information (title, platform, publisher...) so I just created a list with the names of the games and still the same. Nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Import CSV Lists - Not working
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 04:21:23 pm »
No one can help?

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 03:58:21 am »
Entries in your CSV file need the following syntax:

Code: [Select]
VGC id,"Name","Platform","Notes","Cart","Box","Manual","Other","Purchased Price","Purchased Date","Added",
Comma seperated fields, text in quotation marks, line above must be first line. Sample line:

"94523","007: Everything or Nothing","Game Boy Advance [JP]","","Yes","Yes","Yes","Yes","1.00","2016-05-04","2016-05-04 06:00:29",
It is more or less impossible to migrate from another system to vgcollect as you need the vgcollect-specific ID for each game.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 06:21:11 am »

VGC id,"Name","Platform","Notes","Cart","Box","Manual","Other","Purchased Price","Purchased Date","Added",
Comma seperated fields, text in quotation marks, line above must be first line. Sample line:

"94523","007: Everything or Nothing","Game Boy Advance [JP]","","Yes","Yes","Yes","Yes","1.00","2016-05-04","2016-05-04 06:00:29",
It is more or less impossible to migrate from another system to vgcollect as you need the vgcollect-specific ID for each game.

Thanks. Well, I guess I'll be adding titles one at the time. Cheers mate

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:54:53 am »

Thanks. Well, I guess I'll be adding titles one at the time. Cheers mate

Yea if you have a lot you are kind of screwed in that aspect.  I tried formatting a CSV from my own personal spreadsheet to import with ~1,200 games...  Adding those one by one has proven very time consuming.  Haha.  Its all part of the journey of collecting in my opinion.  I did my semi annual inventory (missed last 2!) and found stuff I didn't even knew I had plus a ton of duplicate PC games.  :D

Sit back relax and go through the collection one by one and appreciate what you got!  Sounds sappy I know.  :D

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 11:43:43 am »
Hi guys,

New here. For some time now, I've collected using My Game Collection. I decided to join VGCollect, but I'm unable to import my list. Using the standard export from My Game Collection, I click import and it just refresh and nothing is added. I thought it was due to it having too much information (title, platform, publisher...) so I just created a list with the names of the games and still the same. Nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi sinetype,

Sorry for the delay in response. I think initially this feature was provided so folks could export from one VGC account to another: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?topic=7647.0

As blurks has mentioned, it's not really fit for importing information from another collection site, I'm afraid. It can be a little tedious to add items one-by-one, but feel free to test out the barcode search to see if that speeds things up. I'll also use the "browse" feature to add things in bulk, but you don't get the handy chance to enter other info specific to your copy (notes, purchase price, etc.). Can add it later, of course, but I feel like it's the same amount of time in the end.

Let us know if you run into any issues otherwise, and welcome to the site!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 03:31:38 pm »
Hi guys,

What am I doing wrong?

Hi sinetype,

Sorry for the delay in response. I think initially this feature was provided so folks could export from one VGC account to another: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?topic=7647.0

As blurks has mentioned, it's not really fit for importing information from another collection site, I'm afraid. It can be a little tedious to add items one-by-one, but feel free to test out the barcode search to see if that speeds things up. I'll also use the "browse" feature to add things in bulk, but you don't get the handy chance to enter other info specific to your copy (notes, purchase price, etc.). Can add it later, of course, but I feel like it's the same amount of time in the end.

Hmmm, the barcode search.  I wonder if I could use my CueCat for that?

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 04:32:49 pm »
Hi guys,

What am I doing wrong?

Hi sinetype,

Hmmm, the barcode search.  I wonder if I could use my CueCat for that?

Heh, that's a good question. I should just borrow one of my barcode scanners from work and go to town.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

theicebolt

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 01:33:58 pm »
is there any option to add 900+ titles to my account here, . . .
don't fancy scanning 900 discs and adding 60 Carts manually again ( if .txt .html .*** )
if there is a format layout, . . . .