Author Topic: What Sports Video Games Do You Think Were Awful Even If You Liked Sports  (Read 687 times)

The first one that comes to my mind would be "FIFA 64" for the Nintendo 64, I would rate this game as vary unplayable due to the major fact that this video game has a wicked computer opponent no matter what team you face. and the controls seem vary unresponsive, this game is just not fun, "N64 Glenn Plant" on YouTube was telling the truth when he wrote a negative review on this game.

As soon as the game starts I remember the CPU charges at me steals the ball and scores in the first 3 seconds off the game clock of the game. I try to fight back, than before I get a chance to press any button, I get the ball stolen and scored on in the following 3 or 5 seconds of game time. Not only that but the players look like stick figures to me, and the CPU moves so quickly I could never get a grip usually.

If you want a decent FIFA game on the Nintendo 64 then go with FIFA 98 for the Nintendo 64

Most of the early 1980's and late 1970's sports video games I think was also bad compared to the newer ones
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:39:47 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

jipsy

I find myself going back to old sports games from time to time and every time I do I realize that if I go back further than early PS4/Xbox One that games seem almost unplayable but that is probably just because I remember them being better when I was younger, compared to modern sports games they don't live up to what I remember.  That doesn't mean they are bad per say just not as good as they could be now.
Jipsy

tripredacus

I never got a feel for any basketball or wrestling games.