Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 6.18.2024 thoughts?  (Read 501 times)

telekill

Re: Nintendo Direct 6.18.2024 thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2024, 09:57:22 pm »
I find, strangely, I'm not on board with Zelda being the controlled hero. Zelda games, we're always Link. That said, maybe I'll go back and revisit older Zelda titles.

Anyone know if Skyward Sword HD on Switch demands motion controls?

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2024, 10:19:29 pm »
I find, strangely, I'm not on board with Zelda being the controlled hero. Zelda games, we're always Link. That said, maybe I'll go back and revisit older Zelda titles.

Anyone know if Skyward Sword HD on Switch demands motion controls?

I think it's great having Zelda as a lead, I wish they did it more often, like I would've loved if Tears of the Kingdom had turned out to be a Zelda based game, where you play as Zelda, but she doesn't have the standard Link combat and had more of a magic focus/Sheikah combat style.  I still like what we got, but would've been neat.

And you can thankfully have no motion controls for Skyward Sword.  I don't remember if there's any interaction stuff that involves it, been a few, but I ended up enjoying the game more having a normal control setup as it used to be one of my most disliked Zelda games.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2024, 10:46:47 am »
I love that we are getting a Zelda title where we can play as the titular character, and I love that the playstyle is a drastically different than playing as Link.  The thing that doesn't have me sold is the art style, and that's just more because it feels like Nintendo chickening out a bit and hedging their bets by making it a "side game" and not one of the big budget mainline ones.

telekill

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2024, 12:17:45 pm »
Quote from: kamikazekeeg

And you can thankfully have no motion controls for Skyward Sword.  I don't remember if there's any interaction stuff that involves it, been a few, but I ended up enjoying the game more having a normal control setup as it used to be one of my most disliked Zelda games.

Thank God. The forced motion controls not only killed the Wii for me but all of Nintendo until the Switch was released.

conduit

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2024, 07:34:16 pm »
I've been waiting for Prime 4 long before the Switch came to fruition. Finally seeing footage of it with an actual release window made the direct worth it. Brothership was an unexpected, pleasant surprise too. What was shown for both games looks promising. Echos of Wisdom looked interesting enough to keep on my radar, at least. Some of the 3rd party titles had me curious, but my main focus with Switch games has always been 1st party titles.

That being said, I'm hopeful to see Prime 4 get that Switch 2 release alongside an original F-Zero game, or really any other franchise Nintendo has kept in their pocket over the years.