Author Topic: Dishonored thread  (Read 857 times)

jcalder8

Dishonored thread
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »
I just started playing it today and so far I like the mechanics but I wish you didn't have to press the left stick in to run.

Who else is playing and what do you think?

jobocan

Re: Dishonored thread
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »
I'm playing it on PC, so no weird controller controls here :P

I played through the game in a "as little kills as I can" sort of run and really enjoyed it.  The stealth is really solid and fun, I like that you have actual choice in the game, and it's all done in actual gameplay rather than just dialogue choices (with an exception here and there).

Can't wait for my "kill everything!" run :P

psydswipe

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 06:09:58 am »
I ran through it on Xbox 360 in a couple days. I know I skipped a lot of stuff but I got tired of the stealth play after having just played the first two Thief games a few months ago. At first I was trying to not kill anyone but reloading often was not fun (slow load times on the Xbox 360). Then I realized I could run past quite a few people so any time they spotted me I ran. I probably should have fought everyone since I think I would have had more fun that way even if it led to a darker ending.

Since I skipped a lot of the relics I didn't get all the powers. Of the ones I did take I think possession was the most fun. Freeze time would likely be useful but I never got that one. The power I used the most was dark vision which allows Corvo to see through walls.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:29:33 pm »
I agree with you psydswipe, I think I would have more fun just going all out and killing everything that moves but I am enjoying the challenge of not killing anyone.

Also I figured out that you toggle run on and off so you don't have to push it in the whole time.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 01:19:58 am »
Just finished off the game today. I really enjoyed the story but I found that I was playing it for the achievement rather than how I would normally play so I will be playing through it again and pretty much just killing everything :D