Author Topic: Anyone have a Gizmondo?  (Read 1187 times)

Anyone have a Gizmondo?
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:32:57 pm »
If anyone else here does, what games do you have for it?

Re: Anyone have a Gizmondo?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:41:08 pm »
I don't have one, but I have a little story about them -

I used to work in a big videogame store, and we were going to be stocking the Gizmondo so we had their company reps in one day to discuss the handheld, shop floor presence, etc... they stop off in the staff room and see me there playing my (then Jp import-only) PSP w/Ridge Racer - hand on heart, the first comment out their mouths were "We're f*****". They were right! I think we sold about two Gizmondos ever, there just wasn't much to play on it (heck, even the poor old N-Gage got Sonic and Tomb Raider).

soera

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:55:25 pm »
If N-Gage seemed better ... omg

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:43 am »
I haven't owned one myself. I met someone who has one, the only reason he mentioned it was because we were talking about the rarest systems we have. The gizmodo isn't really usefull for anything, but a conversation topic.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 01:39:45 am »
Haha I've never had one, thought about picking it up if I find one for a reasonable price but not too sure, I also want the Atari Lynx which is pretty much the same story, but on that note it's interesting to me how many companies dont get any 3rd party support yet thinks their console, or in this case handheld, will sell, no matter the price. I mean what goes through a companies head? In some ways I kind of feel bad for them that their console didnt sell but at the same time it's also insulting to the people that play games.

theflea

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 05:55:24 am »
I own a Gizmondo with 3 original games and a card full of SMS, Genesis games and a few prototype games.
The 3 original games are...

Sticky balls
Pocket Ping Pong 2005
Hockey Rage 2005

"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 02:27:55 pm »