Author Topic: What T.V. Shows Do You Want to See Rebooted?  (Read 2422 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What T.V. Shows Do You Want to See Rebooted?
« on: May 07, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »
I'd love to see a new Star Trek series, more than anything. It's been too long since Enterprise was cancelled, and the movies more than prove there is still plenty of life left in the franchise.

The sci-fi genre in general is really lacking on T.V. at the moment. I'd be happy with any decent sci-fi show. I know there's Defiance on right now, but that really hasn't wowed me. And CW's shows aren't really sci-fi at all, they're just teen romance disguised as such.

A reboot of Sliders would be cool to see, too. I loved that show while FOX was still carrying it, it had such a cool sense of exploration and discovery, and had a great cast. After the Sci-Fi Channel took over, though, the show sharply declined in quality and we lost John-Rhys Davies and Jerry O'Connel, the 2 best cast members.

I'd also love to see some GOOD DC Comics cartoons return. Cartoon Network's decision to cancel Green Lantern and Young Justice for the kiddie-version of Teen Titans is unforgivable. If I could have my dream, just make DC Nation a 2-hour block, and bring back Batman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Superman TAS, and Justice League Unlimited with all-new episodes. But that will probably never happen.

Oh, how about bringing back G4/TechTV Icons? Best video game T.V. show, EVER, IMO. Such a cool and entertaining way to learn about the history of the gaming industry. And there were still many subjects and franchises left unexplored by that show.

The return of Headbanger's Ball on MTV would be fantastic, as well. I'm a huge metal-head, and this was the best show on T.V. to see the latest metal videos, see interviews with bands, and the latest going-ons in the topsy-turvy world of metal.

jobocan

Re: What T.V. Shows Do You Want to See Rebooted?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 06:14:16 pm »
Reboot!
</bad joke>

... Though that was a semi-serious response... either a reboot or a sequel would be awesome, the series just ends on this really cool cliffhanger, and there hasn't been any news on the movie in years.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 06:47:15 pm »
Reboot!
</bad joke>

... Though that was a semi-serious response... either a reboot or a sequel would be awesome, the series just ends on this really cool cliffhanger, and there hasn't been any news on the movie in years.

I liked that show a lot, too, when I was kid. I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot (heh). But they'd definitely need to update the graphics.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »
I'd like to see the Return of  Animaniacs and Batman Beyond the most.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:48 pm »
Reboot!
</bad joke>

I liked that show a lot, too, when I was kid. I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot (heh). But they'd definitely need to update the graphics.

Actually during seasons 3 and "4" the series has much more solid graphics and animation. Well worth watching too, if only to get pissed off that the series ends on a cliffhanger.

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 09:00:09 pm »
Reboot!
</bad joke>

the last time they talk about the movie was back in 2011 and this is what they said "our current slate includes several projects including a film based on the classic series reboot". all i get out of this, is that they are waiting to release a few more theatrical movies before they get to this one, this means that we will not see this out anytime soon because escape from planet earth was there first theatrically released film.

scooby doo. most recent scooby doo show has two problems that drives me up the wall

(1) it's too self aware of its silliness and scooby doo was never this self aware, for the most part it just hinted that it was aware of its self

(2) they updated it too much. the show is bit more actiony than a mystery. it uses that ugly overly computerized 2D look that everyone seems to love and can we have one cartoon that doesn't references tv shows and movies

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 10:10:24 pm »
Reboot!
</bad joke>

the last time they talk about the movie was back in 2011 and this is what they said "our current slate includes several projects including a film based on the classic series reboot". all i get out of this, is that they are waiting to release a few more theatrical movies before they get to this one, this means that we will not see this out anytime soon because escape from planet earth was there first theatrically released film.

scooby doo. most recent scooby doo show has two problems that drives me up the wall

(1) it's too self aware of its silliness and scooby doo was never this self aware, for the most part it just hinted that it was aware of its self

(2) they updated it too much. the show is bit more actiony than a mystery. it uses that ugly overly computerized 2D look that everyone seems to love and can we have one cartoon that doesn't references tv shows and movies

AHHAHAHAH I was watching Scooby doo where are you last night(I Bought some dvds) yeah the new one sucks too me. ruins it for me.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 11:26:15 pm »
Reboot!

I was just thinking that myself. Loved that series.

I thought the Green Lantern cartoon was merely OK, but it was nice to see the Emerald Crusader in a cartoon series. Wish they would continue it or re-imagine it a bit. And it's an absolute crime that they're cancelling Young Justice. A reboot of Justice League would be much welcomed, too.

The Thundercats reboot could use a reboot. I'd love to see Pinky and the Brain again along with the rest of the crew from Animaniacs.

soera

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:55:47 am »
Id love another "good" Star Trek series. Im going to be hated for this but I loathed the first one. I know it was older but it seriously looked it. TNG, on the other hand, was a masterpiece. I have watched every single released episode. DS9 was next and didnt feel right cause there was no actual travel. I didnt mind Voyager but it wasnt as easy to get into as TNG. Then was Enterprise and while I wanted to like it, I just couldnt.

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 02:10:08 am »
Reboot!
</bad joke>

AHHAHAHAH I was watching Scooby doo where are you last night(I Bought some dvds) yeah the new one sucks too me. ruins it for me.
i'm surprised that someone agreed with me on this show

sin2beta

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 05:11:01 pm »
I definitely have to say Star Trek. I loved Enterprise. We also need a new series to make up for the finale of Enterprise. Damn you Riker, get off my Enterprise.

I would love to see a continuation (not reboot) in the Buffy Universe (headed by Whedon, of course). This is happening in comic form though, and that is good enough for me.

I think the Sci Fi show Eureka deserves a comeback. And because it's about the town, you could have a different cast. Maybe have Colin Ferguson guest star if he doesn't come back.

Side note: Battlestar Galactica was the best Reboot I have ever seen.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 05:38:50 pm »
I really need some more of the cartoon version of The Tick.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 07:04:37 pm »
I really need some more of the cartoon version of The Tick.
You are the winner!