Author Topic: Nice collection here  (Read 1336 times)

foxhack

Re: Nice collection here
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 11:04:46 pm »
Wow.

That's a lot of suck in a tiny box.

*gets thrown off the website

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 01:22:22 am »
Very cool... that's a lot of RPG time right there!  The first couple games are free on Bethesda's website already.  Still an awesome combo!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/arena/
http://www.elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 03:05:13 am »
A collection that I can agree with....

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 08:19:05 am »
Wow.

That's a lot of suck in a tiny box.

*gets thrown off the website

Yeah, Skyrim alone is bad enough to say that there's a lot of suck in that box :P
It's nice that Daggerfall is there (see: by far the best of the series), but you can also get that for free as indicated in varkias' post... Kinda expensive collection I'd say.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 03:36:18 pm »
So do you get some new improved Daggerfall or the original bugfest version? lol Say what you want about the all seeing gaurds in Oblivion, Daggerfall has some serious problems. Let's see if i can remember...

- If you try to sleep in someone's bed, the guards come in and kill you. Even if there is no one there, they just know.
- If you enter a shop near closing, then save and wait a couple hours, the shop keeper disappears and you can loot the entire store. Getting out of the store can be a problem if you get caught picking the lock on the door to exit.
- Say you want to leave town and its dusk. You go out the gates and realise you forgot to do something in town. So you turn back towards town but now its night time. And the archer guards of the town attack you from their stations.

I would try it again but it has some bug problems and crashes A LOT. I mean Morrowind and Oblivion crashed a lot but not as much as Daggerfall. Strangely, for a game series known for CTDs, Skyrim doesn't seem to have this problem.

*gets thrown off the internet

;D

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 12:43:18 am »
I wonder why they did not include the spin offs
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 02:44:52 am »
I wonder why they did not include the spin offs
That would involve having to do more than package the games with Dosbox and put them on a disc.

You actually expect them to take the time to fix the bugs in all the old games? Bethesda is just as bad as Obsidian when it comes to bugs in their games.