Author Topic: Creepiest Thing You'll Ever Read  (Read 2437 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Creepiest Thing You'll Ever Read
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 02:02:23 pm »
Is this a true story????

No, as was said above, it's from a site called Creepy Pasta, which are all stories. When I initially researched it, though, the first couple sites I clicked said that it was true, but the details were in question. So I thought it was true, for a minute.

Ah okay.  I was wondering.  It sounds like it should be a movie.  and it got me wandering if that is scientifically possible for the gas to keep you awake for long time

It is a fact that the Germans experimented with anphetamines (read: meth) during WWII.  They told German soldiers they were vitamins, and injected them with dope.  They didn't have to eat or sleep and felt great.  Hooray for meth!

ffxik

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 03:43:47 am »
Is this a true story????

No, as was said above, it's from a site called Creepy Pasta, which are all stories. When I initially researched it, though, the first couple sites I clicked said that it was true, but the details were in question. So I thought it was true, for a minute.

Ah okay.  I was wondering.  It sounds like it should be a movie.  and it got me wandering if that is scientifically possible for the gas to keep you awake for long time

There is a movie about something similar to this.  I don't remember what it is called.  It's about a group of soldiers they put in a facility and subject them to sleep deprivation experiments.  As you can figure they all go nuts and start killing themselves.  I seen it years ago, but that's all a can remeber off the top of my head.

90snostalga

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 06:21:41 am »
Is this a true story????

There is a movie about something similar to this.  I don't remember what it is called.  It's about a group of soldiers they put in a facility and subject them to sleep deprivation experiments.  As you can figure they all go nuts and start killing themselves.  I seen it years ago, but that's all a can remeber off the top of my head.

This sounds like a good movie that I would watch.  I'm going to have to Google the info.

Warmsignal

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 10:34:40 pm »
*in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice* Gross! My stomach is all in knots. Why did I read that crap?

jsoup

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 04:20:15 am »
What's this, a Creepy Pasta thread where no one has linked to the SCP Foundation?

We can't have that: http://www.scp-wiki.net/

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 01:08:45 pm »
Considering horror is my preferred gaming genre, I roll my eyes at most creepypasta and SCP entries nowadays, (used to like Slender Man, but he's so overplayed by this point that even I'm sick of him) but one in particular still gets to me: SCP 087 (the haunted stairwell.) Something about being stuck in that dark, dank place with nothing for company but a child's cries and a possibly malevolent floating face just GETS to me. I've always hated stairwells (though my lifelong mobility issues have more to do with this than any real fear,) and that eyeless, nostril-less face makes me shudder every time. Those reports linked in the original SCP article are some of my favorite (relatively speaking) horror stories.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:12:09 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

jsoup

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 04:17:02 pm »
Considering horror is my preferred gaming genre, I roll my eyes at most creepypasta and SCP entries nowadays, (used to like Slender Man, but he's so overplayed by this point that even I'm sick of him) but one in particular still gets to me: SCP 087 (the haunted stairwell.) Something about being stuck in that dark, dank place with nothing for company but a child's cries and a possibly malevolent floating face just GETS to me. I've always hated stairwells (though my lifelong mobility issues have more to do with this than any real fear,) and that eyeless, nostril-less face makes me shudder every time. Those reports linked in the original SCP article are some of my favorite (relatively speaking) horror stories.

Are you familiar with the game based on 087? It's fairly short and fairly predictable (pretty much just a jump scare simulator), but still, it's out there.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 05:54:31 pm »
I've played it. I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's anything special either. Wasn't really suitable for a game. It's true to the source material, if nothing else.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.