Author Topic: Help me find out what this game is (Experts only please)  (Read 1097 times)

dreama1

Help me find out what this game is (Experts only please)
« on: April 17, 2014, 04:54:07 pm »
The game was a horizontal space shoot em up you would go left to right. It would of been released in the 80s or 90s. It's graphics could of been anywhere from 8bit-16bit graphics or inbetween this. I do not know if this was a console game or some kind of old computer platform.

At the end of the level there would be a small rescue ship you had to fly into that would bounce around the screen. If you didn't fly into it in time you would be stuck in limbo, or if you shot at it and killed it you would also be stuck in limbo lol, and have to reset the game as you couldn't do anything  (stuck at the end of the level like in cheetahmen 2).

Level 2 would have projectiles or space rocks shooting out of the ground from bunkers on a planet surface I think. Never got passed it it was a very hard game only 3 lives I think.

(Not sure if these other 2 games are relevant or not or have anything to do with the game mentioned above if even the same platform or not but they may leave some clues.)

There was also this 2d plant game with like smiley flowers that you had to protect from rain or something or maybe letters. They would almost always die in the end. It made me feel pretty depressed as it looked like they suffered a fair bit.

Last game to mention would be a carnival or fair game with loads of mini games it's graphics looked something stuck between 8bit and 16bit graphics.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the undertaking I know this is vague description  but hopefully someone could point out atleast one of these games. It's baffled me for many years, it would be nice to put it to rest. :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:08:09 pm by dreama1 »

theflea

Re: Help me find out what this game is (Experts only please)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:02:18 am »
I can't say anything rings a bell based on your vague description, You don't remember what system you played it on?
Where did you play this game? 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dreama1

Re: Help me find out what this game is (Experts only please)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:38:33 am »
I can't say anything rings a bell based on your vague description, You don't remember what system you played it on?
Where did you play this game?
I thought it might of been the sega master system. But no shoot em up exists like that on the system. So maybe it was something like a commodore 64, or Sinclair ZX Spectrum but it looked like it had slightly better graphics but still not quite 16bit.