Author Topic: Wii U Online?  (Read 1058 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Wii U Online?
« on: June 03, 2014, 11:55:24 am »
Has anyone else played the Wii U online? The only one I've played is Mario Kart, and it works flawlessly. 

My only complaint is that I can't talk to the people I'm playing with.  I know they did this so kids wouldn't have to hear the shit that spews from some people's mouths, but at least give me the option.  Maybe leave out the chat in the public matches, but let it happen in the Friends only races.  I played Mario Kart with my brother last night for an hour or so, and it just wasn't the same with out the trash talk.  I can't have my friends sitting on the couch next to me playing these games, but online is a pretty good replacement.  Let me talk to people.  Let me belittle my friends when I pass them. 

Can we all agree that Xbox Live got it right, and everyone else just needs to copy that?  You can easily see who's online, what they're playing, and join their game.  It's easy.  And I can talk to them.  The WiiU has a built in speaker and microphone on the Gamepad.  Hell, it even has a camera. Put it to use!

argyle

Re: Wii U Online?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:15:16 pm »
I played some Monster Hunter on it, and it worked well enough.  The voice chat is ok through the controller but far from ideal.  I picked up a headset in the TRU clearance sale, so hopefully there will be another online game with voice chat where I can try it out (X?  Maybe??).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 12:33:35 pm »
I was pleasantly surprised how smooth MK8 ran online. I have a pretty crappy connection but it played like the players were in the same room as me.   :o

Funny you mentioned how MK8 didn't allow voice chat with friends. Metroid Prime Hunters, a 2006 handheld game had it for Pete sake. That's pathetic that MK8 doesn't.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:27:06 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 05:07:54 pm »
I only used it online when I got a free weekend of Wii Sports Club, it was really great and a lot of fun. I only had an issue when I was playing someone in Europe but it still worked decently enough to not effect the gameplay
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:03:15 pm by kingrat101 »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:22:32 pm »
Outside of Mario Kart 8 I've played Ninja gaiden 3 Razor's Edge back when it first came out. It was a hell of a lot of fun... whenever you could actually find people to play.  But hey I got to play with kNIGHTWING001 and had my username in his review... I swear I did better than it looks.

blipcs76

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:52:43 am »
I took Mario Kart 8 online for a few races this weekend and it worked flawlessly.  I for one am happy there's no voice chat in regional/worldwide games.  The few times I played XBox360 games online with voice chat enabled it made me fear for the future of the human race.  Listening to the juvenile string of nonstop profanity from kids really soured my experience.  Not that I played much online anyway.

That being said, it is absurd that you can't do voice chat with friends during races.  Hopefully they patch that in the future.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 10:42:00 am »
I took Mario Kart 8 online for a few races this weekend and it worked flawlessly.  I for one am happy there's no voice chat in regional/worldwide games.  The few times I played XBox360 games online with voice chat enabled it made me fear for the future of the human race.  Listening to the juvenile string of nonstop profanity from kids really soured my experience.  Not that I played much online anyway.

That being said, it is absurd that you can't do voice chat with friends during races.  Hopefully they patch that in the future.

That's what I want.  I just want to chat with the people I want to chat with.  Xbox Live got a little out of hand.  Either that or my mom had sex with a bunch of 14 year olds.