Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3 is Official!  (Read 2574 times)

pacpix

Re: Ghostbusters 3 is Official!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:58 pm »
I have been following the Ghostbusters 3 Blog for years waiting for this.  If they do manage to make it, I really hope they don't screw it up.  I am still skeptical that the project will be finished as just earlier this month Aykroyd said the movie was stalled due to budgeting.  I did enjoy the game on Wii and am content with that as Ghostbusters 3.  However, even knowing that a third movie could go very badly I cannot help, but be excited.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 10:04:06 pm »
My big question is What of the spin-offs/extended lore (Comics, Games, Cartoons, ETC.) Will be considered Canon?

I'm just wondering after the Big Fuck You Disney gave to the Star Wars fans who went beyond the movies.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 10:11:54 pm »
I was interested when Ramis was alive, even with no Bill Murray, but now it'll only have Dan Akroyd and maybe Ernie Hudson.  I don't have a lot of hope for this, I mean, did anyone see Blues Brothers 2000? lol

^
This.

Also I have to agree with with Bill Murray's reasoning. I don't want to see overweight wrinkly old dudes reliving their glory days.

I want something new.

Either reboot it with new blood or leave it alone. But please, don't Indiana Jones it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 10:13:37 pm »
I have been following the Ghostbusters 3 Blog for years waiting for this.  If they do manage to make it, I really hope they don't screw it up.  I am still skeptical that the project will be finished as just earlier this month Aykroyd said the movie was stalled due to budgeting.  I did enjoy the game on Wii and am content with that as Ghostbusters 3.  However, even knowing that a third movie could go very badly I cannot help, but be excited.

I was way behind this and still feel it was a great move because we could actually see them something like what they were back in the day. :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »
Why no Bill Murray? They said the originals are returning.
Murray wants nothing to do with a sequel. I'm not even sure how they got him to work on The Video Game.

He did the video game because they were able to pull of visuals that put you back into the look and era of the first two. His concern with the movie is that he and the other originals haven't exactly aged well. A fact that will be hard to hide in HD.

spac316

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 04:00:50 am »
I am not looking forward to it. It's going to be garbage. It should have been buried with Ramis. The video game is a good enough follow up to the movies as it is. I'm sorry, I only say this because I love Ghostbusters and I don't want it to be tarnished.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:32 pm »
I guess I just don't understand the mentality of not trying at all. I'd so much rather see something new attempted, then not trying at all.

It could be bad, your right. But then it also could be the best one in the series for all we know.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:53:41 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 01:24:56 pm »
I guess I just don't understand the mentality of not trying at all. I'd so much rather see something new attempted, then not trying at all.

It could be bad, your right. But then it also could be the best one in the series for all we know.

Thumbs up for this guy ^^

spac316

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 01:45:48 am »
Alright yeah, I may be better than we think and we'll wait and see... :-\

I may be to hard on this film since we haven't seen it yet. I just can't help but be concerned. But it won't be the same with out the original cast.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:49:36 am by spac316 »

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 02:16:22 am »

I kinda have to bring up Blues Brothers 2000 again since it's very fitting and also includes Dan Akyroyd and members of the cast who are no longer there.  It's a bad movie that shouldn't have happened.  Though I will say, Ghostbusters 3 has more promise as an idea of passing the torch with quality writing and good actors they get, because I think Ghostbusters as a concept needs to continue.  All ghost movies nowadays are lame horror movies or if they have ghosts and are comedic, it's shit Scary Movie sequels.  I want it to work, but the likelihood might not be there for it.

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 01:54:38 am »
So...Ghostbusters might become something entirely different...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/68248

Apparently there is the chance of dropping the script idea that was written up before, in favor of maybe an all-girls comedic reboot or spinoff or whatever from the guy who wrote Bridesmaids.

At this point, as long as it is funny, I really don't mind as long as the Ghostbusters license gets used right, but this would be an extreme shift in direction.  A reboot might make more sense with the kind of turmoil Ghostbusters 3 has gone through, but we'll have to see.  I'm fine with any idea as long as they can make it work right.  All reboots generally have a chance to be good, it's just hard sometimes when you have to skirt the boundaries of giving props to the source material while adding in quality new material.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 03:03:19 am »
This is the 2nd post I've seen on this. I really, REALLY hope this isn't gonna happen.

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 03:38:50 am »
This is the 2nd post I've seen on this. I really, REALLY hope this isn't gonna happen.

Kinda at this point, it almost seems better to start with something fresh than trying to scrap and scavenge something out of the bottom of the barrel for a concept that is really only going to bring one of the main Ghostbusters back.

blipcs76

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 11:15:29 am »
This is treading on sacred ground.  I'd say Ghostbusters is my 2nd favorite movie of all time behind Back to the Future.  Still, I'm all on board for another movie -- will it suck?  Maybe?  Will it live up to the perfection of the first movie?  Probably not.  Could it be a pleasant surprise?  Of course it could.

If it sucks, we can pretend it doesn't exist (much like people do with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull).  If it turns out to be good, we might see new life pumped into the franchise.  I'd hope that it actually distances itself from the first movies, so we can focus on new characters.  Venkman and Egon will never be in another Ghostbusters film.  Let's move on and try something new and different.