Author Topic: Wii U Price  (Read 1651 times)

Wii U Price
« on: August 06, 2014, 11:45:02 pm »
Do you think the Wii U price will go down by or around Black Friday/ Christmas? I personally think it won't because of the boost of sales it got for the release of Mario Kart 8... And the proposed Zelda games that are yet to come.

The reason why I am asking... I have yet to buy a Wii U was looking to get one this year.. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks ;)

maximo310

Re: Wii U Price
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:48:56 pm »
The console can be gotten for a pretty decent price since nintendo has been offering refurbished wii u deluxe sets on their website for $200.
In addition, some of the games on the system that are already out can be gotten for as low as $10 or less, depending what you are looking for. Most of the new titles are going to be $60, but there is a pretty good library of already released games that can be bought for a lower price. You should totally get a wii u, its a great console and a great purchase to make. I know I have no regrets purchasing mine.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:55:05 pm »
No to mention Smash Bros is coming

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:19 pm »
The console can be gotten for a pretty decent price since nintendo has been offering refurbished wii u deluxe sets on their website for $200.
In addition, some of the games on the system that are already out can be gotten for as low as $10 or less, depending what you are looking for. Most of the new titles are going to be $60, but there is a pretty good library of already released games that can be bought for a lower price. You should totally get a wii u, its a great console and a great purchase to make. I know I have no regrets purchasing mine.

Thanks for the information, I am really considering it I think I waited long enough. I think one of the major reasons I want it ... Besides that I am a collector... Is because where else can you get Mario and Zelda... LoL ... Isn't that the biggest reason why people buy Nintendo consoles today? Besides the fact that it is a family oriented... Nintendo is the most family oriented in my opinion.
And of course Smash Bros.
Thanks Again

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 12:43:27 am »
Yeah I don't expect a price drop come the end of the year.  A very nice new Wii U bundle perhaps with game like Smash Bros, but that would be about it.

I think the Wii U is currently one of the nicer systems to get right now.  It has a nice selection of first party titles already out, with Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Super Smash Bros this year, and next year we'll get the new Zelda, Xenoblade, probably Star Fox, and more.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:56:15 am »
Yeah I don't expect a price drop come the end of the year.  A very nice new Wii U bundle perhaps with game like Smash Bros, but that would be about it.

I think the Wii U is currently one of the nicer systems to get right now.  It has a nice selection of first party titles already out, with Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Super Smash Bros this year, and next year we'll get the new Zelda, Xenoblade, probably Star Fox, and more.

Your right but it took Nintendo a really long time to come out with some games of interest in my opinion. But I will probably go with the brand new bundle. Hopefully one worth the wait.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 01:08:25 am »
No to mention Smash Bros is coming
That's going to bring alot of people in with that hype right now.

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 01:12:02 am »
That is for sure  :o

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 01:19:37 am »

Your right but it took Nintendo a really long time to come out with some games of interest in my opinion. But I will probably go with the brand new bundle. Hopefully one worth the wait.

For sure it did, been kinda the problem with Nintendo for awhile now with lacking really good games right away or even within a reasonable time frame, but I feel they are on track now and while I doubt they'll ever fully recover with this system, there's guaranteed good games coming.

blipcs76

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 11:04:03 am »
Nintendo would have been better off delaying the Wii U by a year and giving it enough horsepower to get 3rd party ports of PS4/XBox360 games.  Now they find themselves in the position of having virtually no 3rd party support and it really does feel like how owning the Dreamcast felt back in 2000.   Except Nintendo is cranking out games more slowly than Sega did for the DC.  There are only 3 games on my radar over the next 12 months (Bayonetta 2, Smash and Hyrule Warriors).  That is nowhere near enough to sustain a console.

That being said, what has come out for the Wii U has been more than worth it.  I adore this system, I'm just frustrated that Nintendo is so stubborn and unfriendly to major 3rd party devs.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 12:16:35 am »
Nintendo would have been better off delaying the Wii U by a year and giving it enough horsepower to get 3rd party ports of PS4/XBox360 games.  Now they find themselves in the position of having virtually no 3rd party support and it really does feel like how owning the Dreamcast felt back in 2000.   Except Nintendo is cranking out games more slowly than Sega did for the DC.  There are only 3 games on my radar over the next 12 months (Bayonetta 2, Smash and Hyrule Warriors).  That is nowhere near enough to sustain a console.

That being said, what has come out for the Wii U has been more than worth it.  I adore this system, I'm just frustrated that Nintendo is so stubborn and unfriendly to major 3rd party devs.

You are right if they would have delayed the release they probably would have had more time to create the games that should have been released with the console besides the 3rd party devs.

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 01:22:34 am »
I think that there will be sales during black friday but I doubt that another price drop is due. They have already had at least one since the system came out and like was said now that Mario Kart is out they have no reason to drop it further. Also with Smash Brothers We Hit Things coming out for the Wii-U/3DS they will have no problem moving systems later this year.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 01:17:30 am »
More than lately they are probably going to put a few more bundles out with the upcoming releases.. Wonder if I should wait for that or just get the bundle around Christmas time that I see  :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 02:38:38 pm »
It's still the one next-gen console I want the most (Mario games, Luigi, NES Remix, and upcoming open-world Zelda). I'm just cheap and I can see it dying a slow-death. So I know if I have patience, I will be able to get one on sale or clearance, soon.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 05:21:02 pm »
I also try my best to get it as cheap as possible but, I just want one so bad... Specially since the upcoming releases are going to be so good.