Author Topic: Selling PS1 Cases  (Read 1996 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Selling PS1 Cases
« on: August 10, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »
Would anyone be interested in empty (case and insert only) PS1 game cases? I recently moved all of my Ps1 games over into poly cases with the manuals and now the old jewel cases are just taking up a lot of space and I know someone else could put use to them. If you would be interested let me know.

007 The World is Not Enough
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy 8 (GH)
Final Fantasy 9 (GH)
Final Fantasy Tactics (GH)
Metal Gear Solid (GH)
Oddworld : Abe's Oddysee (GH)
Spider - The Video Game
Tarzan (GH)
Tekken 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Warriors of Might an Magic

Re: Selling PS1 Cases
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:53:24 pm »
As a collect I have to ask you, why would you do this?
The cases are a serious part of the game, you're literally throwing a huge chunk of your collection out the window by doing that.
Custom cases look nice and all but that's no reason to just give away collectable cases.

maximo310

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:15:42 pm »
I have to say that even if you put your current games in those custom cases, you should hold onto the jewel cases for any spare games/manuals you come across. You're free to do what you want to them though.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:08:17 pm »
As a collect I have to ask you, why would you do this?
The cases are a serious part of the game, you're literally throwing a huge chunk of your collection out the window by doing that.
Custom cases look nice and all but that's no reason to just give away collectable cases.

It's not a "giving away" kind of thread - it's a "For Sale" thread; that aside, I agree with you completely!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:27:24 pm »
Especially the insert!  but that's me... a lot of us around here are CIB-necessary sort of folks but, if anything, I do appreciate you offering them up for sale to us :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »
Alright, so I have had a change of heart now from listening to so many people. So I guess my question now is what to do with the inserts? I will be keeping all of them but will be tossing all the cracked old broken Jewel cases and will buy new ones if I decide to go back. So does anyone have any good ideas on what to do with the inserts?

abe

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 10:36:53 pm »
Alright, so I have had a change of heart now from listening to so many people. So I guess my question now is what to do with the inserts? I will be keeping all of them but will be tossing all the cracked old broken Jewel cases and will buy new ones if I decide to go back. So does anyone have any good ideas on what to do with the inserts?

Keep them flat in a nice sealed container until you find a use for them.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 10:05:02 am »

I've been thinking of either framing them or putting them into picture sheets in a binder (a la pokemon cards). Any thoughts?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 09:15:53 am »

I've been thinking of either framing them or putting them into picture sheets in a binder (a la pokemon cards). Any thoughts?

I was going to say - maybe try a photo album?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 12:42:01 am »

A friend of mine turned me on to putting most of my DVDs in binders and tossing the majority of the cases.  I kept enough empties so that if I ever want to get rid of something I'll have some to use, and I put all of the inserts in a small cardboard box that's just the right size.  So if I need to, I can "reconstruct" any of them to like they were when I bought them.  That's what I'd suggest, just a small flat-ish cardboard box. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis