Author Topic: My YouTube Channel and your YouTube Channel  (Read 4603 times)

Re: My YouTube Channel and your YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 08:52:48 am »
At the moment I'm only on 31 subscribers and I've been doing this for a few months now but I just need to improve the quality of my videos in my opinion and hopefully that will boost up my subscribers.
It doesn't matter how much money you put into it, what matters is how much time and effort you put into it. Always quality over quantity.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 09:32:48 am »
At the moment I'm only on 31 subscribers and I've been doing this for a few months now but I just need to improve the quality of my videos in my opinion and hopefully that will boost up my subscribers.

I'll give you a nickel's worth of free advice: Do what's fun for you.  There's a good chance you'll never have a huge channel.  If you plan on having thousands of subscribers, you'll make yourself miserable. 

Now, take that for what it's worth.  I only have more videos than subscribers.  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 12:19:59 pm »

I'll give you a nickel's worth of free advice: Do what's fun for you.  There's a good chance you'll never have a huge channel.  If you plan on having thousands of subscribers, you'll make yourself miserable. 

Now, take that for what it's worth.  I only have more videos than subscribers.  ;D

Yep, just do it 'cause you love it first, and if you get compensated for it, awesome.  I'm not out to make money from YouTube or Twitch - the community I've discovered from it has already made it worth it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 03:19:22 pm »
Yeah I must admit starting a YouTube channel is not cheap if you want to do it professionally. Video Capture Devices, Camera's, Green Screens etc do not come cheap these days. I'm saving up over time to upgrade equipment. My next investment is a green screen with lighting which will cost around £100-£200.

That is the problem, I would like to make it some what professional job on it..... If you are gonna do it, do it right. But the problem is cost, knowledge and people willing to commit.

One day maybe.

And ill sub the others channels for support.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 05:25:13 pm »
I do have fun doing this which is why I do it.
It doesn't matter how much money you put into it, what matters is how much time and effort you put into it. Always quality over quantity.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 03:41:26 am »

Hey Raiden, just watched your Crazy Taxi review and I really loved it. Really professional-looking and sounding. Out of interest, what editing software do you use?

whiteyfox

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:01 am »
Here is my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteyTheFox/

I'd really like some feedback because I have no idea what to keep or delete, and generally what I want to do. It's a pure mess right now, although I'd like to keep the "Quick Taste" thing.
Any feedback is appreciated.

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 05:12:51 pm »

Hey Raiden, just watched your Crazy Taxi review and I really loved it. Really professional-looking and sounding. Out of interest, what editing software do you use?

I use Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 at the moment but might change cos it is expensive software.

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 05:15:49 pm »
Here is my channel:

I'd really like some feedback because I have no idea what to keep or delete, and generally what I want to do. It's a pure mess right now, although I'd like to keep the "Quick Taste" thing.

I've just watched 2 of your videos and what you're doing now seem's fine quality wise. I'd say stick with what you are doing at the moment and then add a few more things later on like commentary, small intro or a video of you playing it with just a small bit of commentary. There are multiple things you can add but overall at the moment good stuff.

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 05:22:37 pm »
Here is my channel:

I've just watched 2 of your videos and what you're doing now seem's fine quality wise. I'd say stick with what you are doing at the moment and then add a few more things later on like commentary, small intro or a video of you playing it with just a small bit of commentary. There are multiple things you can add but overall at the moment good stuff.

I like the Quick Taste concept (skimmed the Spelunky one), but maybe some commentary on how the gameplay for you would be nice, too.  Like if they feel intuitive or not, etc.  But that's only if you decide to have voiceover or not.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

whiteyfox

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 07:48:55 pm »
Here is my channel:

I like the Quick Taste concept (skimmed the Spelunky one), but maybe some commentary on how the gameplay for you would be nice, too.  Like if they feel intuitive or not, etc.  But that's only if you decide to have voiceover or not.

Thanks for the feedback, both of you. I've been torn the commentary in my videos. I believe people get that a lot so I see my videos as a second gameplay-only option.
I really have to find time to work on an intro, it's on the to-do list. :)
Also, what about the Spelunky video? Was it too long? Or pointless?
And finally, I have no idea if I should do Quick Tastes of older games. What do you guys think?

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 06:17:46 am »
Latest video is out guys! Check it out!
http://youtu.be/sxiqkJDTE4g