Author Topic: Importing a Vita  (Read 923 times)

Importing a Vita
« on: December 30, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »
Hello everyone!
My friend wants to import a PS vita because 1) its cheaper and 2) she likes the white/pink color one 1000x times more than the standard black ones. I'm helping her do some research and there are only a couple of questions I have.

1) Can a Japanese Vita be set to English?

2) How does the PSN work in terms of access? Do you make a PSN account that has a specified region?

Thanks ^_^

maximo310

Re: Importing a Vita
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:03:20 pm »
1) System language to English? There may be a way to enable that in system settings but I'm not completely sure since I don't have a vita to test it out.
2) I believe you need a Japanese PSN account if you want to find the easiest way to get content for downloadable content.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:17:38 pm »
Obviously she wants a U.S. psn account. Is that possible on a japanese vita?

davifus

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:11:16 pm »
Jap. Vita owner speaking: FFX/X-2 Vita (2000 model) to be exact.

1) Yes, Vita is a region free console so it can be set to any language including English.

2) Yes, all you need is Eng. PSN account. You'll connect to the NA PSN store not the Jap PSN store. You'll need to make a JAP PSN account for that.

BTW most Jap. Vita atm should be the 2000 model so you dont need a mem. stick right away. The 2000 model has built in 1gb space which deactivates after you insert a mem. stick (which is stupid).

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 12:47:54 am »
The 2000 model has built in 1gb space which deactivates after you insert a mem. stick (which is stupid).

Hm, that's interesting. The Playstation TV does the same thing.  Similar tech, I guess.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 09:50:10 am »

1) Yes, Vita is a region free console so it can be set to any language including English.

2) Yes, all you need is Eng. PSN account. You'll connect to the NA PSN store not the Jap PSN store. You'll need to make a JAP PSN account for that.

BTW most Jap. Vita atm should be the 2000 model so you dont need a mem. stick right away. The 2000 model has built in 1gb space which deactivates after you insert a mem. stick (which is stupid).

By memory stick, do you memory a vita memory card? I've never heard of someone refer to it as a memory stick :P

davifus

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:26:07 am »

By memory stick, do you memory a vita memory card? I've never heard of someone refer to it as a memory stick :P

Yes

Where are you guys ordering it anyway?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)