Author Topic: Yard Sale With Lots of Games - Northern California  (Read 1315 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Yard Sale With Lots of Games - Northern California
« on: May 04, 2017, 01:00:28 pm »
Anyone here live in Northern California?

I'm having a yard sale this Sunday which includes a number of games: NES, SNES, Genesis, XBox, XBox 360, PS1, PS2, Game Boy Original, and Game Boy Advance games. As well as gaming magazines like Nintendo Power and Gamer Informer. Among other things like comic books, movies, posters, baby clothes, etc.

This Sunday, May 7th, 9 am to 4 pm. 1841 School St., Anderson, CA 96007.

Check out the full ad here on Craigslist, with pics:

https://redding.craigslist.org/gms/6108951572.html

desocietas

Re: Yard Sale With Lots of Games - Northern California
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:02:17 pm »

I'm having a yard sale this Sunday which includes a number of games: NES, SNES, Genesis, XBox, XBox 360, PS1, PS2, Game Boy Original, and Game Boy Advance games. As well as gaming magazines like Nintendo Power and Gamer Informer. Among other things like comic books, movies, posters, baby clothes, etc.

Tempting, but 200 miles from me... Also, FYI that the forums are viewable without logging in, in case you want to hide your address from the forums. We can see the address in the CL post if anything.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:03:55 pm »
You have any Dr Strange stuff? Id probably take it!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 01:06:55 pm »
^ Actually, I do have a couple of the Infinity War crossover issues of Dr. Strange, $1 a piece I'm selling them for. I also have a foil-cover edition of Dr. Strange #50 (80s/90s series), for $3.

I'd be willing to set them aside for you. If you want them, message me and we can work it out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 01:08:14 pm »

Tempting, but 200 miles from me... Also, FYI that the forums are viewable without logging in, in case you want to hide your address from the forums. We can see the address in the CL post if anything.

Meh, everyone can see it on Craigslist, anyways. People have to know it to know where to show up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:11:52 pm by burningdoom »

shepard11

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 02:53:44 pm »
Id love to check it out but I think the wife be a little upset if I brought a plane ticket just for a yard sale. Had I not be living in Ohio I would in a heartbeat.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 06:22:12 pm »
Are you leaving the hobby or just downsizing?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 08:52:43 pm »
^ Nah, there's not really a whole lot there. There's much more that I'm not selling.

I just need some extra spending cash.

It seems all of my hobbies have big stuff coming out soon or has come out recently. In horror we have big releases and we have a lot of big indie companies making comebacks like Cannon and Troma. Lots of new games coming out this year (or recently out) I want to play: REVII, DQVIII, DQXII, Red Dead Redemption II, Disney Afternoon Collection, Sonic Mania, and more (plus I still want to jump into PSP). DC and Marvel's big summer events both look good (DC Rebirth's The Button, and Marvel's Secret Empire), and the leads-ins have been very good so far, for both. There's a comic convention in town the weekend after my yard sale. I also need to save up for this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo. On top of that, I need to get a good vape for my *ahem* extra-curricular Californian activities, so it's healthier. The only hobby that seems to be costing me less lately is wrestling (thanks to the WWE Network).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:54:23 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 01:34:42 pm »
I had a pretty decent success, but I learned that our Convention Center had a giant yard sale convention the same day...wish I would've known. I probably would've done better if I planned around it.

But nonetheless, I ended the day with $95 cash, and $15 PayPal from online buys. My wife ended with about $100, and my mother-in-law sold some stuff too (though I'm not sure how much, exactly).

Pretty successful yard sale, I'd say. I used part of the money to get DQ VIII on 3DS, Raiden Project on PS1, and the new WWE Diamond Dallas Page 3-DVD set. Using the leftover $30 for the local comic convention coming up.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 01:52:34 pm »
I had a pretty decent success, but I learned that our Convention Center had a giant yard sale convention the same day...wish I would've known. I probably would've done better if I planned around it.

But nonetheless, I ended the day with $95 cash, and $15 PayPal from online buys. My wife ended with about $100, and my mother-in-law sold some stuff too (though I'm not sure how much, exactly).

Pretty successful yard sale, I'd say. I used part of the money to get DQ VIII on 3DS, Raiden Project on PS1, and the new WWE Diamond Dallas Page 3-DVD set. Using the leftover $30 for the local comic convention coming up.

Congrats! It was a beautiful day for a yard sale - glad it went well.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas