Author Topic: Missing Some PC Big Box Contents (WHAT SHALL I DO!?)  (Read 1167 times)

Missing Some PC Big Box Contents (WHAT SHALL I DO!?)
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:07:34 pm »
Okay so, I bought a big box copy of Redneck Rampage off Amazon for PC and I just received it today. When I opened the box I noticed that this copy is missing the little envelope that said Interplay on it but has everything else. I have major OCD and I'm on the verge of spending more money for a copy that has everything that came with it. Is it logical to do that? or am I just crazy? Someone please say something that will let me rest easy. :)

Re: Missing Some PC Big Box Contents (WHAT SHALL I DO!?)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:04:52 pm »
Don't worry, I have the same feelings when it comes to the complete game copies, and I don't care if it's logical or not :P

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 04:11:34 pm »
that's one reason why i don't by used games on amazon. User descriptions on there are awful most of the time. As much as people piss on eBay, it's nice to actually see a gallery of photos and read lengthy descriptions on what you're buying.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 07:28:04 pm »
Okay so, I bought a big box copy of Redneck Rampage off Amazon for PC and I just received it today. When I opened the box I noticed that this copy is missing the little envelope that said Interplay on it but has everything else. I have major OCD and I'm on the verge of spending more money for a copy that has everything that came with it. Is it logical to do that? or am I just crazy? Someone please say something that will let me rest easy. :)

If anything, I'd check the original listing to see if they describe everything in the box, whether any replacement housing was used, etc.  You could also check with them about offering a partial refund for not sending what was advertised if so.  I feel ya, though... I'd be agonizing over it, too, but would eventually just settle for what I had.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 05:52:31 am »
It might be difficult for a seller to actually determine what constitutes complete when it comes to older boxed pc games. I have some with so much stuff that I didn't think came with it. So yes, pictures are more important than a description so a buyer can see what they're getting. Having said that, if I have a box and a manual with the game itself that's complete enough for me. I don't need registration cards, envelopes, advertisements, bits of plastic wrappers, etc.

I do like the catalogs that come with some games like Lucasarts, Broderbund, or Sierra. Those are fantastic.