Author Topic: Request for a new feature  (Read 1140 times)

rayne315

Request for a new feature
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:59:45 pm »
I am starting to get so many games that it's getting hard for me to pick a game that I would like to play, so my request is for a feature to do it for me. A simple button that searches through all my logged games and randomly picks one out.

Thank You.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Request for a new feature
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »
Interesting idea, but knowing me, I would keep hitting it again and again and ill make an excuse why I can't play that game lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 09:16:34 am »
It would also be nice to have a check box to mark that you've beaten the game before, so you can choose to skip such games in a random pick.

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 10:03:12 pm »
It would also be nice to have a check box to mark that you've beaten the game before, so you can choose to skip such games in a random pick.

I guess we have stuff like Backloggery for keeping track of games to beat, but to me it's not as aesthetically pleasing or intuitive for cataloging games as VGC. It would so sweet to combine the two!

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:35:05 pm »

I guess we have stuff like Backloggery for keeping track of games to beat, but to me it's not as aesthetically pleasing or intuitive for cataloging games as VGC. It would so sweet to combine the two!

It would definitely be nice :) in the meantime all we can do is use the "notes" feature for our personal notes and then you can export the collection info (notes included) and sort that way.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 08:04:48 am »
Yeah, you could export your collection to excel, then go to a RNG site and let that pick the number and game for you since excel will automatically number the cells with your games in it :)

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 05:17:13 pm »
Yeah, you could export your collection to excel, then go to a RNG site and let that pick the number and game for you since excel will automatically number the cells with your games in it :)

exactly what i was thinking :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jsoup

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 06:31:38 pm »
Another solution is to just keep track of your site here and with Backloggery.
It's always a good idea to keep a back up anyway, just in case.