Author Topic: Displaying Your Collection  (Read 6916 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Displaying Your Collection
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 09:07:49 am »
ah ive been thinking of making end labels for my n64 games like you have up there, but i want them all to be the same format as in the same size labels for all carts. ive searched a bunch and i see mrbigreddog made some labels a couple years back but hes out of business now appearently. i was hoping someone who bought the whole 296 set would scan them for other to print off but so far no luck...

If you find something that looks good for the N64 carts, let me know.  I liked what he did.  Right now, I think I'll just alphabetize them and search for the one I want.  I even considered labeling the shelf where each game goes, but I don't think I would like the way that looks.

topspot123

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 10:17:21 pm »
ah ive been thinking of making end labels for my n64 games like you have up there, but i want them all to be the same format as in the same size labels for all carts. ive searched a bunch and i see mrbigreddog made some labels a couple years back but hes out of business now appearently. i was hoping someone who bought the whole 296 set would scan them for other to print off but so far no luck...

as for alphabatizing stuff i exclude 'the' from titles so the little mermaid i would file under 'L'
i split my nes zelda games as zelda 1 is 'legend of zelda' (so under L) and zelda 2 under Z

Yeah, those are just printed on paper and scotch taped on.  That's all I had available during those years and they've all held up!  I never thought much about it until I pulled them out and snapped the picture.  If I had a cheap way to produce uniform, high quality glossy and/or vinyl stickers, printed through the edges (no white borders), I would redo all of them.  Something that would closely match or surpass the front label quality.  But what I have still works for me.  I'm more of a function over form kind of guy anyway. 

topspot123

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 10:24:06 pm »
I just remembered, the reason for the different label sizes it that I simply isolated the logo in what ever aspect ratio it took and resized the height to fit the cartridge.  This makes certain logos longer or shorter, but they are uniform in height.  To do it properly you would have to edit the logos to each fit in an approximately uniform space.  I'm searching for mrbigreddog now to see what he did.

EDIT:   :o  Nice!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:27:36 pm by topspot123 »