Author Topic: sorting and searching one's own collection  (Read 720 times)

sorting and searching one's own collection
« on: August 23, 2015, 11:44:26 pm »
I find it difficult on the fly while hunting for games to look up in my own collection to see if I have the game, or just need the manual or case, etc..  This is especially difficult when I have to search for each title in a large box or shelf I see (typically not alphabetized) to see if it's in my collection or not, then if it is open it to see notes I made about what I need or what I paid, etc..

Some sorting options would be cool when i've selected a system or games from my shelf view.
Something that let's me jump to a letter would be great
Even a search bar that searches just my own selected systems items would be useful.

I know easier said than done, just some idea's since the csv export option is difficult to navigate on a mobile phone.

Re: sorting and searching one's own collection
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:37:17 am »
This Is True for me as well. Luckily I remember most of what I have already, but as my collection grows it gets more and more difficult. For Nintendo games I have resorted to NES Hunter Pro app. Prices need updated but its pretty simple to navigate, and it keeps track of NES SNES N64 Gamecube gameboy color, advance and Virtual boy. I wish VG Collects app was similar but for all systems. The perfect app is hopefully yet to come, and hopefully free!

desocietas

Re: sorting and searching one's own collection
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:18:04 pm »
Yeah, this is something we'd all like to see at some point, but it might take a little time to get it to actually happen.  All depends on what Matt (one of the co-founders) has on his plate in terms of what's planned for VGC.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas