Author Topic: Any UK users willing to pre-order something for me?  (Read 2132 times)

doctorlaudanum

Any UK users willing to pre-order something for me?
« on: October 18, 2015, 12:51:51 am »
EDIT: Found another ordering option. Thanks puddingm!

I live in the USA. I'd love to pre-order the PAL format limited edition of the new Fatal Frame game, but the major UK-based online shops are either too expensive, sold out, or aren't willing to ship internationally. I can pay upfront through PayPal. I'll throw in an extra $10 for the trouble and pay the international shipping once it arrives. Here's a link to the pre-order:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition-only-at-game-747407

Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:16:36 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

Re: Any UK users willing to pre-order something for me?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 01:29:41 am »
You can preorder from the online game store located in NZ :D
It ships internationally  :D

Here's the link: https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Project-Zero-Maiden-of-Black-Water-Limited-Edition-Nintendo-Wii-U/23059772

It might turn out to be cheaper than buying from UK - due to the current exchange rate >_<

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 03:15:58 am »

Here's the link: https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Project-Zero-Maiden-of-Black-Water-Limited-Edition-Nintendo-Wii-U/23059772

It might turn out to be cheaper than buying from UK - due to the current exchange rate >_<

It actually is cheaper. Thanks so much! I'll be ordering this soon.

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 06:43:31 am »

Aren't you region locked anyway?

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 05:19:17 pm »

Aren't you region locked anyway?
Well, it is the best option for getting a physical English copy of the game. Plus, if Wii U homebrew picks up and is able to bypass region lock, then it could be possible to play the game on the system in a few years.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 12:30:08 am »
^This. I'm one of those dweebs who prefers physical copies over digital. I've bypassed region locks before.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 03:39:14 pm »
^This. I'm one of those dweebs who prefers physical copies over digital. I've bypassed region locks before.

Wouldn't be an issue if Nintendo didn't act like a bunch of asshats and be the last of the "big three" clinging to region locking your games.  I've imported copies of games like Infamous First Light and Ratchet & Clank Future:  Quest for Booty from the UK and China because the US releases were digital-only.  They work like a charm.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 10:01:53 pm »
The pre-order has been placed. Thank you once again, puddingm. I never would have thought to order from New Zealand, considering the high shipping prices, but it wound up being cheaper in the long run.

Wouldn't be an issue if Nintendo didn't act like a bunch of asshats and be the last of the "big three" clinging to region locking your games.  I've imported copies of games like Infamous First Light and Ratchet & Clank Future:  Quest for Booty from the UK and China because the US releases were digital-only.  They work like a charm.

Don't I know it. Fatal Frame IV was a beast to get running even with the mod. I remember it blew my mind when I heard the PS3 was going region-free back in ye olde 2007. ("You mean I don't need to jerry-rig my console or import a whole new set of power adapters just to get my games to play? Golly! Next you'll be telling me The Last Guardian will see an actual release date. Hardee har.") Now it just seems like Nintendo is stuck in another time. With their IPs, I guess they can afford to be.

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 10:05:35 pm »

I think it has to do with sales and crap, but I still think its dumb from an ownership standpoint. Believe me, I thought handhelds were safe from that for the Gameboy-DS line. Then, certain games could be region locked when played on a Dsi- then full blown region lock on the 3DS. Although I have homebrew on 3DS/Wii to bypass region lock, I still think its a hassle because Nintendo won't allow their platforms to be region free natively. I hope they get rid of this next generation since they need sales bad.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 03:38:18 am »
The pre-order has been placed. Thank you once again, puddingm. I never would have thought to order from New Zealand, considering the high shipping prices, but it wound up being cheaper in the long run.

Don't I know it. Fatal Frame IV was a beast to get running even with the mod. I remember it blew my mind when I heard the PS3 was going region-free back in ye olde 2007. ("You mean I don't need to jerry-rig my console or import a whole new set of power adapters just to get my games to play? Golly! Next you'll be telling me The Last Guardian will see an actual release date. Hardee har.") Now it just seems like Nintendo is stuck in another time. With their IPs, I guess they can afford to be.

How much was the shipping to US? I tried it with checkout before and I think it was around NZ$27 (around US$18 - that's already considered cheap for international shipping from NZ o.o)? Unless you selected a more expensive shipping option? ???

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 08:33:43 pm »
How much was the shipping to US? I tried it with checkout before and I think it was around NZ$27 (around US$18 - that's already considered cheap for international shipping from NZ o.o)? Unless you selected a more expensive shipping option? ???

It was about US $18. Not exactly cheap, but much cheaper than I was expecting.

gf78

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 01:50:33 pm »
I think it has to do with sales and crap, but I still think its dumb from an ownership standpoint. Believe me, I thought handhelds were safe from that for the Gameboy-DS line. Then, certain games could be region locked when played on a Dsi- then full blown region lock on the 3DS. Although I have homebrew on 3DS/Wii to bypass region lock, I still think its a hassle because Nintendo won't allow their platforms to be region free natively. I hope they get rid of this next generation since they need sales bad.

If rumors of the NX being a download-only system are true, you can kiss any sort of region free gaming goodbye.  The excuse Nintendo uses for the region locking is that someone may import a copy of a game from another region before it is released in your home region.  That's bullshit.  Are they losing some significant sum of money because one or two devoted fans who can't wait for a localization import a copy? 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 06:42:33 pm »

If rumors of the NX being a download-only system are true, you can kiss any sort of region free gaming goodbye.  The excuse Nintendo uses for the region locking is that someone may import a copy of a game from another region before it is released in your home region.  That's bullshit.  Are they losing some significant sum of money because one or two devoted fans who can't wait for a localization import a copy?
Honestly, the whole region locking thing is a tactic from the past, where it would take 1-2 years to localize games for the Western world and companies weren't really focusing too much on a global audience in mind, instead having different mindsets for different regions. Even then, you could still import systems/ games or use the cart slot easy mod to get around the trick. Nowadays, its doesn't make much sense to region lock since  most games are usually released the same date or within a week of each other in all regions so importing doesn't have that much of an impact on company sales. What kills me for Nintendo is that not only does Wii U have region locked but their game releases for regions are very inconscient and are full of gaps, especially with cases like Wooly World being available in Europe in July, while we had to wait till October to get the game.