Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 remake  (Read 5355 times)

Re: Final Fantasy 7 remake
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 04:23:19 am »
Hoping the backlash over the episodic format makes them think twice; hoping they just go and hide and ignore all questions about the game and then when it's ready for a full disk launch in say 2019, they just stealthily announce it at an event to release 3 months later.  ;D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 04:08:22 pm »
Hoping the backlash over the episodic format makes them think twice; hoping they just go and hide and ignore all questions about the game and then when it's ready for a full disk launch in say 2019, they just stealthily announce it at an event to release 3 months later.  ;D

I don't mind it if they do it like tell tale did Back to the Future for PS3.

It came out episodically in digital. Then when the last episode was released and the main bugs were squashed they did a true physical release.

I own the digital version on PS3 (for the time being) and have the physical version for PS4.

If all they ever do is a season pass disc I'll be disappointed.

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 04:22:58 pm »

I don't mind it if they do it like tell tale did Back to the Future for PS3.

It came out episodically in digital. Then when the last episode was released and the main bugs were squashed they did a true physical release.

I own the digital version on PS3 (for the time being) and have the physical version for PS4.

If all they ever do is a season pass disc I'll be disappointed.
Adventure games like that work really well for episodic games, however an RPG doesn't work in my mind.

I don't buy their bullshit about scale. If FFXV can fit on a bluray so can a remake of FFVII

soera

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 05:21:51 pm »
Ive said it before ... if it doesnt fit on one disk, use 2. The original FF VII was 4 disks. I dont mind if the new one is 4 disks either. I just want the thing 100% playable the day I get it and 50 years from the day I get it.

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 06:09:57 pm »
Ive said it before ... if it doesnt fit on one disk, use 2. The original FF VII was 4 disks. I dont mind if the new one is 4 disks either. I just want the thing 100% playable the day I get it and 50 years from the day I get it.
There'd be no need for two disks though, Blu-rays are massive, and even if and I mean if it was too big for a regular Blu-ray, they could opt for a double-sided disk.

If they'd been honest and said it's about getting it out quicker and allowing each episode's sales to fund the following episode. Then maybe I could at least respect them. However for them to make the most ridiculous excuse ever..... It's so annoying, how stupid do they think we are?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 06:27:49 pm »
There'd be no need for two disks though, Blu-rays are massive, and even if and I mean if it was too big for a regular Blu-ray, they could opt for a double-sided disk.

If they'd been honest and said it's about getting it out quicker and allowing each episode's sales to fund the following episode. Then maybe I could at least respect them. However for them to make the most ridiculous excuse ever..... It's so annoying, how stupid do they think we are?

Maybe they are doing the cutscenes in 4K 3D. ;)

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 03:22:38 am »

Maybe they are doing the cutscenes in 4K 3D. ;)
Ha that's about the only way they'd have a chance of clogging up a Blu-ray