Author Topic: Newcomer - coming to help!  (Read 1216 times)

HarvestDude

Newcomer - coming to help!
« on: February 15, 2016, 02:25:22 pm »
Hello Everyone

I´m HarvestDude and i´m from Brazil.

I really enjoyed the Vgcollect.com and i will try to help finding brazilian releases the best way i can.

There are a lot of brazilian Sega Master System and Sega Mega Drive releases not registered here, so i will try to scan my own games and bring them here for everyone.

I have already included a few (BR versions of SMS´ Alex Kidd in Miracle World and MD´s Quackshot).

I see some Famicom games are also missing, so i will try to find images for them too (i recently added Paaman to the list).

This site is the most complete game database i´ve found, so i want to help everytime i have some spare time.

So, hello to everybody!

HarvestDude™

desocietas

Re: Newcomer - coming to help!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:34:02 pm »
Hi! Welcome to the site :) If you ever have any questions on our style guide or anything else, just let us know.  Also, thanks for your enthusiasm for wanting to help our database grow!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:40:55 pm »
Welcome HarvestDude!  In addition to being a great database for your games, this site has this fantastic forum.  Your contributions of Brazilian releases will certainly be a welcome addition.  I know the Master System and MegaDrive/Genesis lived much longer lives in your country then the rest of the world so it will be quite interesting to see  what games were released there.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

HarvestDude

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:48:17 pm »
Thank you, Desocietas and gf78!

Not only Sega has a lot of games released here. Nintendo too. We have a lot of BR versions of NES, GB, GBC, GBA, GC, SNES, N64, DS, 3DS and Wii games, with portuguese boxes and covers.

When the Ps4 was released, Sony finally came to Brazil officialy, so there are a lot of games with BR official releases. There are a lot of Ps2 and Ps3 games here like that too, also including brazilian portuguese dubbed audio and subtitles.

I´ll add everything i have if you´re interested!

HarvestDude™

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 03:00:50 pm »
Welcome to VGCollect HarvestDude! :)

We would greatly appreciate any contributions you can provide to the database.  As you add in your collection be sure that your entries follow the Style Guide and if you have any questions please contact any of the administrators here and we will be sure to help you as quickly as possible.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 03:36:15 am »
Welcome to the site HarvestDude!  8)

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:25:55 am »
When doing SMS Brazil entries, be aware of variations. For example, you can see the 5 different versions I had found of Altered Beast, here on page 1:
http://vgcollect.com/browse/smsbrazil

I hadn't gotten to SMS or MD stuff yet, you being here may end up saving me time digging on Mercadolivre!  ;D

Note: there was also Atari 2600 releases in Brazil, but we don't have a category for that yet.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:56:59 am »
Welcome! And thank you for helping contribute to the site, its a lot of work i am sure, but those on here who do a lot of the games on here are awesome people.Thanks!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

HarvestDude

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 01:04:23 am »
Hi guys! Well, it took me a while to get my old scanner back from my parents´ house and cleaning it up.

Now i can finally start scanning some brazilian game boxes!

Unfortunally i don´t collect Atari (and there are tons of Atari games here) but i can contribute with brazilian releases i own from these consoles:

Game Boy
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Color
Gamecube
Master System
Mega Drive
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS
PC
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
SNES

Also, japanese games i can´t find here from these consoles i will also add.

I´m not a really big collector but will scan and post here everything i can. Bit by bit and better late than never.

HarvestDude™
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:07:30 am by HarvestDude »

devancowan

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »
Welcome to the site and the forums! There's a lot of great people here so I hope you enjoy it :) Interested to see the different BR releases you bring to the site!