Author Topic: VR  (Read 7610 times)

Re: VR
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2016, 01:23:24 pm »
Geez, more expensive than the console lol Maybe in like 5 or 10 years I'll consider looking at one of these VR headsets when they are much cheaper.

Also the cost of PSVR is more than just 400 bucks.  It requires the PS Camera which is 60 bucks and will basically need the move controller, so it's more like 500 bucks.

The Camera is $50 everywhere I look and the move controllers are not required in any way.  That's what the light bar on the back of the DualShock 4 is for. 

I agree the price is high for VR, but when you consider all of the hardware involved they really couldn't make it any cheaper.  It's also cheaper by far than the HTC and Oculus options out there by itself, not to mention the PC components required for those systems to operate.  The PS4 is less than half the price of a PC equipped to run VR.   :o

The move controller isn't required, but said to be used in a number of games, so if someone wants the full experience, they are going to need it anyways.  And sure it's cheaper than most of the other hardware out there, but I want it far cheaper than what it is because I see it as just a novelty and 400 bucks isn't novelty pricing.  So I'll wait for the tech to get cheaper, which it will, and probably see if it's worth grabbing towards the end of the PS4's run.

theflea

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2016, 11:50:53 pm »
well I broke and put a pre-order for the Playstation VR, mainly because I'm curious. I still don't see me using this all the time, but might be a fun time with friends messing around with this and seeing peoples reactions.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

rayne315

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2016, 12:36:17 pm »
well I broke and put a pre-order for the Playstation VR, mainly because I'm curious. I still don't see me using this all the time, but might be a fun time with friends messing around with this and seeing peoples reactions.

The only reason I have not pre-ordered it yet is because I cannot find a version that comes with only the PSVR and a game. I don't know about you but I do not feel like shelling out an extra hundred bucks for something I already have (playstation move).
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2016, 10:25:51 am »

The only reason I have not pre-ordered it yet is because I cannot find a version that comes with only the PSVR and a game. I don't know about you but I do not feel like shelling out an extra hundred bucks for something I already have (playstation move).

Really?  You are that cheap???   LOL...just kidding!   :P  I'm not surprised.  This seems to be like new console launches where they try to bundle in two crappy games as the only way to get the new system.  I remember waiting on the original Xbox because all the retailers were trying to force Fuzion Frenzy and some other junk down my throat just to get a system. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us