Author Topic: 2017 In Gaming  (Read 3301 times)

Re: 2017 In Gaming
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »
Hope no one was looking forward to Scalebound (I was because of it getting a PC port), because it's now dead.
http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-has-officially-canceled-scalebound-410707.phtml

spac316

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 06:11:44 pm »
Hope no one was looking forward to Scalebound (I was because of it getting a PC port), because it's now dead.
http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-has-officially-canceled-scalebound-410707.phtml

Well...fuck.  :(

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »

Well...fuck.  :(

At least we are getting one good Platinum game this year with Nier: Automata.

spac316

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 06:17:19 pm »
Yeah...
Well Admins, go ahead and delete Scalebound from the database when ya could.  :-\

Maybe in a turn of events, Sony or perhaps Nintendo could snatch it up for their own...who knows...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:18:52 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 06:33:48 pm »
Yeah...
Well Admins, go ahead and delete Scalebound from the database when ya could.  :-\

Maybe in a turn of events, Sony or perhaps Nintendo could snatch it up for their own...who knows...

I was kinda thinking this too.  Nintendo already has abit of a thing with Platinum after Bayonetta and Star Fox, and if they could salvage the project, maybe...not a pun here, I seriously mean it...scale it down from whatever huge scope it could've had, and make it more manageable for the Switch, that could be a pretty big get for them.  Then again, it does depend entirely on how much Microsoft owns of the project, which couldn't completely deny Platinum doing anything else with it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:01:06 pm by kamikazekeeg »

spac316

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 02:10:05 am »
On with the topic...

I see Crackdown 3 and Sea of thieves I'm looking forward to playing.

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 02:44:53 am »
Sea of Thieves I'm not sure about, could be alright, Crackdown 3 is another that could be alright, and I'm kinda hoping for something out of State of Decay 2.  I liked the first one, but it didn't have any real hooks to it.  Fairly standard zombie game.

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 09:14:05 pm »
The two games I just CANT wait are definitely Tekken 7 and Red Dead Redemption 2! Also really excited for Injustice 2 =)

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 12:49:34 am »
1. Mario Odyssey - The trailer made me run around my room in pure excitement :D.  I cant contain how much i want this game. I will lose sleep 3 days before it comes out. It is incredible. I just hope it lives up to the hype its giving. My favorite Nintendo games are the full 3d platformer marios like Galaxy and sunshine and it looks like they are going back to the roots with this one and the visuals are truly breathe taking :)

2,3,4, and 5.  - Mario Odyssey

6. Splatoon 2
7. Zelda- Breathe of the wild (Another game that is making me anxious lol, The boss battles are breathetaking from what I have seen. Might dethrone windwaker as my all time fave :D )
8. Mario Kart 8 deluxe
9. Southpark the fractured but whole

All of these I will be getting, they look amazing :).  2017 will be an amazing year for gaming.  I think only odyssey and breathe of the wild I will get on launch though.  The others I may wait on.  Not sure yet...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:51:38 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:07 am »
The two games I just CANT wait are definitely Tekken 7 and Red Dead Redemption 2! Also really excited for Injustice 2 =)

Totally forgot to add Vampyr and Mass Effect Andromeda !

wolfen

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 02:43:35 am »
I'm really only looking forward to Switch games, because I don't see myself getting the other consoles of next gen.

Buying

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Wind Waker HD is my favorite Zelda game by a mile, but this may become a close second or equal.

Rime - I haven't seen or heard much about this game, which I love when that happens, but what I have seen has interested me very much. It reminds me very much of Wind Waker and I love that.

Sonic Mania - I am supremely excited for this game, I've wanted a new side scrolling Sonic since the first time I played them in Sonic Mega Collection.

Super Mario Odyssey - I think I'm even more excited for this than Zelda and that's saying something. It gave me such a strong Sunshine vibe while also feeling brand new. I feel like it may replace Sunshine as my favorite Mario game

Skyrim - I've played through Skyrim twice already and I'm looking to go through it a third time, but this time on a Nintendo console.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - I've put very many hours into the Wii U version and fully expect to do the same with even more content.

On The Fence

Sonic Project 2017 - I still don't know enough information to be excited about it, but if it's in the same vein as Sonic Generations I will be excited

Mario Kart 8: Deluxe - I am so conflicted about this. It's my favorite Mario Kart game and it's one of my favorite Wii U games. I am unbelievably excited about King Boo, Bowser Jr., new items, double items, and the new Battle Mode, but I could not care less about the Splatoon content. Plus the price does not excite me, maybe $30-$40 would reasonable, but not $60 for a game I've already put  $75+ into. So I'll either have to wait for a price drop or hope for some kind of trade deal.

Overall I'd say I'm pretty excited about this year in gaming. ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:56:52 pm by wolfen »

telly

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 11:02:08 am »
I wonder if Shenmue III will actually be released this year. I heard that they were finishing R&D on the game this past December, so I'm curious if they will have time.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 04:55:32 pm »
I wonder if Shenmue III will actually be released this year. I heard that they were finishing R&D on the game this past December, so I'm curious if they will have time.

Never know with crowdfunding, but I would pretty much expect it to not release this year.  The crowdfunding campaign was only 2 years ago and was a wild success.  That guarantees a delay and isn't a long development time to begin with.

telly

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 08:25:34 am »

Never know with crowdfunding, but I would pretty much expect it to not release this year.  The crowdfunding campaign was only 2 years ago and was a wild success.  That guarantees a delay and isn't a long development time to begin with.

Yeah, I figured that too. I mean, I'm okay with it being delayed a little; I wouldn't want them to rush and put out something that's not finished.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 12:09:38 am »

Yeah, I figured that too. I mean, I'm okay with it being delayed a little; I wouldn't want them to rush and put out something that's not finished.

Even on the actual kickstarter, they put 2018 as the release. Not sure if thats just to cover their ass or if they really have that much to do.

In other news, my Ys VIII prediction happened! :D 1 down, a few to go (DQ XI, Bravely 3, Builders II) to finish off my top wish list.