Author Topic: Changing usernames  (Read 4883 times)

Re: Changing usernames
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 01:29:07 pm »
I submitted a request for a user name change sometime ago, since I had set this one in a hurry quite sometime back. I figured I could simply change it later, until I found to my horror that this was not possible. By that time, I had nearly added my entire database into the profile.

I would have liked to change it, and sent a few PMs to Jason, but it seems he is a rather busy man. Is any other admin able to do this, or is my punishment to create a new account and suffer the horrors of re-adding 600+ entries?
Go to settings and export your collection.  Create a new account.  Import your collection.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:08:01 pm by ctracy87 »

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 01:30:22 pm »
I submitted a request for a user name change sometime ago, since I had set this one in a hurry quite sometime back. I figured I could simply change it later, until I found to my horror that this was not possible. By that time, I had nearly added my entire database into the profile.

I would have liked to change it, and sent a few PMs to Jason, but it seems he is a rather busy man. Is any other admin able to do this, or is my punishment to create a new account and suffer the horrors of re-adding 600+ entries?

AFAIK, he's the only one who can change usernames. I can send him a PM to see if he can address this sooner than later for you.  Sorry for the delay!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 02:48:45 pm »

AFAIK, he's the only one who can change usernames. I can send him a PM to see if he can address this sooner than later for you.  Sorry for the delay!
If he does let him know I'm in that boat toooooooooo.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 02:54:54 pm »

If he does let him know I'm in that boat toooooooooo.

Okie doke. And as far as the importing solution goes, that's something that would have to go through Jason as well, anyway, so it just seems simpler to have him change the username, haha.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 03:07:42 pm »
Oh damn, I could've sworn there was an import button.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 07:32:02 pm »
Eh, I gave up. I had been waiting awhile so I just suffered through the whole thing. I no longer need the other account though, so if that's something that can be deleted that'd be good.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:54:27 am by Nickkchilla »

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 07:50:31 pm »
Eh, I gave up. I had been waiting awhile so I just suffered through the whole thing. I no longer need the other account though (NsShadowSerpent), so if that's something that can be deleted that'd be good.

Ah, I'm so sorry about the delay. If you like, I can ask Jason to see about importing your collection into your new name.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 02:06:51 am »
How would I reach Jason to change my username?

Eh, I gave up. I had been waiting awhile so I just suffered through the whole thing. I no longer need the other account though (NsShadowSerpent), so if that's something that can be deleted that'd be good.

Ah, I'm so sorry about the delay. If you like, I can ask Jason to see about importing your collection into your new name.

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 06:27:13 pm »
How would I reach Jason to change my username?

You can send him a VGC PM by addressing the message to Jason. If he doesn't seem to be responding, let me know, and I can try messaging him as well.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 08:04:11 am »
Wooooooo.

Thanks Jason.

telly

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 09:23:50 am »
I wish I had known that I could change my username beforehand! I lost about 60 posts or so when I deleted my account and I can't go back to see what I said; I can only see people who quoted me. :( Oh well.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 09:31:32 am »
I wish I had known that I could change my username beforehand! I lost about 60 posts or so when I deleted my account and I can't go back to see what I said; I can only see people who quoted me. :( Oh well.

telly

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 10:32:11 am »

Lol! If there ever was an appropriate time for DGAF telly, it would be here ;)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery