Author Topic: Do you have any unique video game quirks or rituals that you do?  (Read 5276 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Do you have any unique video game quirks or rituals that you do?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 03:12:37 pm »
lol I actually forgot to write this but whenever I am going to buy a used game I will always smell the label, Manuel, sleeve, and any inserts individually. I have a fear of bringing in mold/mildew into my collection and as such will always do this even if it appears in mint condition. in fact I had to pass on a complete xenosaga series because one of the cases had the smell of cat urine.
Why not just change the case?

Badges

rayne315

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 03:58:45 pm »
lol I actually forgot to write this but whenever I am going to buy a used game I will always smell the label, Manuel, sleeve, and any inserts individually. I have a fear of bringing in mold/mildew into my collection and as such will always do this even if it appears in mint condition. in fact I had to pass on a complete xenosaga series because one of the cases had the smell of cat urine.
Why not just change the case?

for cases like mold (and in my experiences cat piss has a high probability of growing mold and masking the scent) if they were stored together (which they obviously were, its a series) then the spores from the mold are now on all the games. if I bring the others in and the spores start to root and grow then they will spore putting the rest of the collection at risk. and were talking 1500 items plus so well over 10k at risk. plus I live next to the Mississippi river so their is no such thing as a humidity free day here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:01:02 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 08:45:13 pm »
Not sure I'd say it's unique or anything, but I always make a point of watching a game's entire opening theme/video if it has one when I start it for the first time.
I also have one of my favorite fancy beers whenever I start a game for the first time that I've been anticipating for a long time, like I did with Disgaea 5 or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

doafan

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2016, 07:14:53 pm »
Never imagined that I had a ritual but the fact is that every time that I purchase a NES game the first thing that I do is a cleaning procedure which consist in opening the cartridge, clean all the pins with an eraser then apply a metal polish cream to them meanwhile I take my time to clean the outside of the cartridge, label first with some baby wipes, then the rest of it with some alcohol to remove the dust, for the markers a white eraser is my best pal after all of this I test the game in the console, really hate to blow the cartridges, never did this when I was a kid cause always used cotton swabs with alcohol but they only solved the problem for some days.

Now that I think so have spent a lot of time repeating this procedure cause have done this with more of 100 cartridges  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kashell

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:04 am »
When I play an RPG (which is often) I always buy my consumable items (restorative or attack) to an amount that is divisible by five. It's odd and  it causes me to not want to use my items since it would mess up the quotient.