Author Topic: GOG Connect  (Read 838 times)

desocietas

GOG Connect
« on: June 01, 2016, 09:12:12 pm »
Very interesting announcement from GOG.com today, basically letting you have a free DRM-free copy of eligible Steam titles that you already own:

https://www.gog.com/connect

This is very cool as GOG copies often come with digital goodies not available normally, like soundtracks, older versions of the games (for instance, Broken Sword 1 is a remastered, director's-cut version on Steam, but the GOG version gives you that game in addition to the original PC version which some users prefer).

The titles eligible for adding to your account seems to change out as agreements change out, but whatever you add to your GOG collection is permanent, so it's worth checking on every once in a while.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

Re: GOG Connect
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 12:35:41 pm »
Update: I was able to add about 6 or 7 new games to my GOG library thanks to GOG Connect. Pretty neat as they're free goodies such as artwork, manuals (sometimes scans of the original manual that came with the physical PC game), avatars, and full soundtracks in addition to a DRM-free copy of the game (and any rollback versions).

Here's the current list that's available for Connect, though this list may be subject to change in a few days:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
- Bit.Trip Runner
- Braid
- Breach & Clear
- Breach & Clear: Deadline
- Broken Sword: Director’s Cut
- Mount & Blade
- Project Zomboid
- Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
- To The Moon
- Two Worlds
- Unreal Gold
- Unreal Tournament GOTY
- VVVVVV
- Xenonauts
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Re: GOG Connect
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 09:47:41 am »
I will check out, but my 500 ish steam games are going to make GOG cry. XD