Author Topic: Looking for Truxton  (Read 4734 times)

TheY2MProblem

Looking for Truxton
« on: May 17, 2016, 01:03:50 pm »
I'm looking to buy Truxton for the Genesis CIB. Message me if you're selling.

aliensstudios

Re: Looking for Truxton
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »
I had no idea that game had gotten so expensive. Hopefully you can find a cib copy for 90 to 100 dollars
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:43:14 pm »
^ Thank Classic Game Room for that. Mark is obsessed with that game.

TheY2MProblem

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 07:29:47 pm »

I don't think it's so much Classic Game Room's fault as it is the people who watch it and then decide they have to have it so they overpay for it and it causes everyone on ebay to decide that since someone bought it for an expensive they can sell if for that much.

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 07:34:40 pm »
It's also a pretty decent shmup on the Genesis, and its on many Genesis hidden gems videos. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 01:58:31 pm »

I don't think it's so much Classic Game Room's fault as it is the people who watch it and then decide they have to have it so they overpay for it and it causes everyone on ebay to decide that since someone bought it for an expensive they can sell if for that much.

In Truxton's case, it's not the evil sellers' fault, though. It's just simple supply and demand. CGR caused the demand for the game to go way up, therefore prices raised because no one is making new copies of it to supply that demand.

kashell

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:39:26 pm »
This economics lesson has been brought to you by burningdoom. XD

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 12:06:06 pm »

Yup. Unfortunately eBay is the reason a lot of better games are so damn expensive, even if they're rather common games. Like Super Mario World for 35 bucks? Please!

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 12:16:47 pm »
Yup. Unfortunately eBay is the reason a lot of better games are so damn expensive, even if they're rather common games. Like Super Mario World for 35 bucks? Please!

I was in a flea market booth a couple of weeks back and this young couple walks in and asked about a SNES with Super Mario World. The kid working the booth sets them up with a yellowed system, a working copy of the game (cart only), and pair of controllers that look like they'd seen better days. The cost? $125. The young couple didn't even bat an eye, paid the kid cash and we're on their way. I was kind of stunned as they could have gotten a used Wii with a Nintendo Selects Super Mario All-Stars and a used Classic controller to plug into the WiiMote for half that price (and get more games out of the package). Kids these days.  ;)

Back on topic, Truxton is one of those games I've seen/held many times over but never got around to picking up. I could have it for $20 all day/every day and then suddenly I turn around and it's fetching $75-90 practically overnight.  >:(

stlgamer75

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 01:30:41 pm »

I was in a flea market booth a couple of weeks back and this young couple walks in and asked about a SNES with Super Mario World. The kid working the booth sets them up with a yellowed system, a working copy of the game (cart only), and pair of controllers that look like they'd seen better days. The cost? $125. The young couple didn't even bat an eye, paid the kid cash and we're on their way. I was kind of stunned as they could have gotten a used Wii with a Nintendo Selects Super Mario All-Stars and a used Classic controller to plug into the WiiMote for half that price (and get more games out of the package). Kids these days.  ;)

Back on topic, Truxton is one of those games I've seen/held many times over but never got around to picking up. I could have it for $20 all day/every day and then suddenly I turn around and it's fetching $75-90 practically overnight.  >:(

Hindsight is a b**ch when it comes to retro-gaming I have found. I used to own a complete boxed with manual copy of Mega Man for NES when I was a kid but sold it at a garage sale to earn money to buy Super Mario Bros 2 which is very common now. That boxed copy of MM1 is going for >$200 on ebay but who knew back in 1988? Also, wish I would have bought that R.O.B. from a friend looking to sell his NES stuff so he could get a Genesis back in 1990. Oh well.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

aliensstudios

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »

Hindsight is a b**ch when it comes to retro-gaming I have found. I used to own a complete boxed with manual copy of Mega Man for NES when I was a kid but sold it at a garage sale to earn money to buy Super Mario Bros 2 which is very common now. That boxed copy of MM1 is going for >$200 on ebay but who knew back in 1988? Also, wish I would have bought that R.O.B. from a friend looking to sell his NES stuff so he could get a Genesis back in 1990. Oh well.
My mom freaking gave away my Dad's NES collection which had probably 30 titles all CIB in the nineties! She also sold CIB copy of Gunstar Heroes in the early 2000s at a garage sale for like 3 bucks.