Author Topic: Do you play with Normal Or Inverted camera controls?  (Read 1129 times)

Do you play with Normal Or Inverted camera controls?
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:05:45 pm »
Pushing Left to go right always melted my brain lol. But my brother plays inverted. I guess its something your brain naturally likes kinda like being left handed. Its just pre determined.  :D.  Do you play with Normal or Inverted controls?

soera

Re: Do you play with Normal Or Inverted camera controls?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:50:04 pm »
Left and right inverted is very odd. But up/down is how I play. I think I learned to dual thumbstick on a flying game and it played the way the flight controls are and now I cant play otherwise.

azure

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:14 pm »
Can't do inverted, a couple of my friends do. It's really just what your used to, I have to adapt with some games that don't have the option to change it.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:21:30 pm »
It's really weird. I used to play inverted in flight simulations but now i simply can't.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 11:35:48 pm »
I do vertical inverted, but not horizontal inverted.

I started playing a lot of multiplayer Descent in my early 3D gaming days, which is inverted by default, so that's how it's been comfortable for me ever since.

necrosexual

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 01:14:00 am »
x-axis inverted, y-axis regular.

yea i'm that kinda asshole
to be fair tho japanese games have x-axis inverted by default, which is where i learnt how to control cameras. go back to western games, and it blew my fucking mind trying to grapple with controls
when i play metro i aim like a drunk 3 year old holding a nerf gun

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 08:25:13 am »
Inverted Y on console, Regular on PC.

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 02:13:56 pm »
ummm..... both?

When I am a person running around it the game I cannot stand inverted controls and can never seem to get them down...

When I am controlling a helicopter/plane/flying machine I cannot wrap my brain around how to fly it without inverted controls....

please tell me im not the only one.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 05:14:01 pm »
"Normal/standard" camera controls. Inverted camera controls are terrible and confusing. Oddly though, i need up and down to be inverted in games that have swimming(playing majora's mask 3d and being zora recently reminded me of that).

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 10:19:09 am »
Inverted only if the game involves flying a plane. And boo to any game where helicopters have the same controls as planes.