Author Topic: Have you ever been to another country on vacation?  (Read 1606 times)

Have you ever been to another country on vacation?
« on: September 09, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »
Have you ever vacationed to another country or state? :D.   Which was your favorite?

realpoketendonl

Re: Have you ever been to another country on vacation?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 07:41:41 pm »
I'm from the Netherlands, so yes, I definitely have. I've been to the UK three times in my life. Once to Scotland as a little kid, so I don't really count that. Then I went again about 5 years ago with my family. Then the last time about 3,5 years ago, I went to London on a school trip. Great fun!

I also went on vacation to Belgium about 2 years ago with my family. The next time after that was a weeklong school trip to Berlin, Germany with school. Easily my favourite school trip ever. Highly recommended to visit at least once.

The last time was my scouting camp to Luxembourg last summer. I had a ton of fun there as well. Easily my favourite (though to be fair, that was mostly because I just had a ton of fun with my friends).

So to summarize: UK (2-3 times), Belgium (once), Luxembourg (once), Germany (once). But then again, all of these countries are right next to the Netherlands, and the Netherlands isn't that big of a country, so I guess it's a little easier for me to take a vacation to another country than for someone from the US for example.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 11:18:46 pm »
I love to travel and see new places.  I've been lucky enough to have traveled all over the US as well as Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Netherlands, Mexico, and Jamaica.  I think that's all of them. 

Italy had the best looking women and was the friendliest.
Jamaica has the best food.
The Netherlands has the best beer.

I would love to see more places.  It's hard to travel these days.  Being a full-on adult sucks

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:57:59 pm »
I turned 18 in Israel. Was a religous trip for my Aunt and Uncle whom I went with, but was just a vacation for me. Beautiful country, but batshit crazy.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 08:46:50 pm »
Thank you! It's something we're proud of, (especially when our country is often famous for...other things :3)
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 08:54:41 pm »
Been all over the US including Hawaii.

Only "other country" I've ever been to is Canada. :)

Flashback2012

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 12:10:55 pm »
Have you ever vacationed to another country or state? :D.   Which was your favorite?

Never in another country. I've never been outside of the US (though I'd love to visit Canada at some point). I've been to other states a few times for vacation though.  ;)

doafan

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 01:11:52 pm »
Yeah and it only took me 10 minutes to arrive to another country, the benefits of living in the border with USA have been in El Paso Texas, Houston, Corpus Christi, Laredo, Dallas, San Antonio, Michigan missed the chance to been at Orlando Florida because of the school also to be in New York because of the work, being an adult sucks, have traveled more to another country even more than at my own country, hope that one day can spend my vacations at Japan, Canada and France  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 05:27:34 pm »
Thank you! It's something we're proud of, (especially when our country is often famous for...other things :3)

I actually preferred the beers there over Germany. German beer was damn good too. Italian beer is awful, just so y'all know.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 08:47:37 am »
I've been to Jamaica, Canada and Mexico a few times. Aside from that, I've been to Belize, Honduras, Cozumel and the Virgin Islands.

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 07:07:58 am »
Over the summer my wife and I visited her family in Germany, then briefly toured through Belgium, England (via the tunnel), then to Scotland. The Brexit vote helped create a favorable situation with exchange rates for people here in the US. Germany has fantastic food and a great freeway system (the famous Autobahn). We got to London on the exact day David Cameron left office and Theresa May took over, so traffic was BAD.

Other than that, I went on a school exchange trip to Hiroshima, Japan for a summer when I was in high school. Nothing but pleasant memories from that!