Author Topic: Do you think i should get &/or play guitar games even though i might suck  (Read 1185 times)

lordscott

Fellow gamers i do apologize if this is a dumb question i admit there are some i might get & i might want to get and i also was wondering because i mean.

What if any of my favorite songs is on there & what if any of my favorite bands/groups that I'm a fan/huge fan of is on there too as well & 1 of the reasons why i don't know should i still get it &/or still play it because.

I might suck at the games/I might suck real bad at the games even though i might love that game especially if any of my favorite songs is on there & if any of my favorite bands/groups that I'm a fan/huge fan of is on there too as well.

And those who are suck at it you'll understand why am i asking should i still get any of the guitar games & to end it i will name 2 examples and yep they are guitar hero series & rock band series as 2 examples.

Thanks for reading,thanks for your understanding,thanks for your time & thanks for your answers
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:57:51 am by lordscott »

Nickkchilla

Re: Do you think i should get &/or play guitar games even though i might suck
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:30:43 am »
https://youtu.be/JriO-c4oXiU?t=2

Lordscott might not be on the left.  :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:44:40 am by Nickkchilla »

aliensstudios

"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 05:14:34 am »
I loved the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games and they are all incredibly dirt cheap to get, so I definitely recommend them.  They are my favorite rhythm games.  Doesn't matter if you suck, they have multiple difficulties and are a good time.  I'm sure you can find some unused bundles still around somewhere, in particular the Guitar Hero guitars I found to be the best ones.  The Guitar Hero 2 Xplorer and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock guitars might be my favorite as I still own both.

Depending on which system you have right now, I'd recommend the 360/PS3 era ones.  There aren't any...BAD ones, mostly depends on musical taste, but I'd personally say avoid Band Hero.  It's just a small expansion game that's mostly pop songs.  More for the karaoke side of things.  Other than that, grab everything else and just play them in order.  Probably the best way because both series engines change a good bit or add features and its abit tough to go backwards to play the games, though the Rock Bad games stayed relatively the same.

Also skip Guitar Hero Live, the new one for the PS4/Xbone.  The new guitar controls are interesting, but that game is mostly awful.  Terrible song selection and it just feels disappointing, especially after how fantastic Warriors of Rock was.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:18:10 am by kamikazekeeg »

azure

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 09:18:05 am »
Play whatever is fun for you, doesn't mater if you aren't a master at it.

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 12:22:33 pm »
lordscott. when those games first came out not just me or my brother played them but my mother and my father, so they are fun. as for sucking at them we all have games were great at and games we suck at personally when I started guitar hero medium was to difficult for me, I just couldn't get my fingers to work with my brain in that way, but I still played and thoroughly enjoyed guitar hero. the main draw on those games really is just the music so if you just buy the game with the best music for you you can easily see if you would like it.

rock band was a whole other beast for me. for some reason I was able to pick drums up in an instant and was playing a few songs on expert with being able to play every song on hard. it really helped that we wound up getting an extra kicker attachment as that was the only way to physically play a lot of the higher tier songs. I was also at the same time capable of singing (very badly I might add) on a medium difficulty while playing drums on hard.

for me I personally loved being able to pick up the different instruments in rock band but i enjoyed guitar hero more because in my opinion they had a better song selection.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 11:07:55 am »
I suck at most of the games I play, doesn't stop me. lol

nellen

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 12:27:14 pm »
i suck at most of the game's i own. lol i still love a lot of them

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 04:25:48 pm »
First, if it makes you happy, get it! Enjoy it.

I personally had a moment where I'd played the hell out of freebird on guitar hero. After hours and hours I realized in order to 100% it I was going to have to go beyond proper timing button mashing. I was going to need to commit many more hours and practice to learning technique, timing, and patterns...

For something that was ultimately not real. None of the "feelings" I had of playing music were real. Strip the game away and I might as well be playing with a fisher price baby's toy.

After that I decided to get real. I got Rocksmith (recently upgraded to the 2014 remastered edition) and I have not looked back.

I'm not a rockstar. But I know what the strings are on a real guitar now. I know how to hold a real guitar, how to strum. I know how to tune a real guitar. And I'm slowly learning how to play real songs.

Turn the PS4 off and with the same real guitar in my hands I can continue to use what I've learned.

For me, time is an investment. If I just want mindless fun. Guitar Hero/Rock Band is fine.

But if I want to really hunker down and master something musical related I'd rather know I'm mastering the real deal.

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 05:51:06 pm »
Honestly, just play games even though you might suck.

One example I can personally give is twin stick stuff. When you first get into it ( like Cyber Sled/Mechwarrior/ or Assault), it seems really hard, but practice will make you much better and will make you more comfortable with the final results.

Another thing to mention is that rock band should have a pro mode where the techinques are supposed to carry over and be applicable to the real instrument. You should give it a try to kill two birds with one stone.